Phone Calls With Bad News

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I just got off the phone with my Mom.

My cousin's youngest son hung himself yesterday. This was her easy child. No warning whatsoever that anything was wrong. My aunt, uncle, cousin and her eldest son are all totally devastated. I'm more than stunned myself. Damien had some wild days as a teen but turned into a easy child in his early 20's and was doing well.

He didn't leave a note. No one has a clue as to why. I was never close to my cousin, his mom because she's much older than I and was a major major difficult child up until about 10 yrs ago, so I only remember Damien as an adorable toddler.

Still, it's so sad that he felt this was his only option. He was only 31 yrs old. :sad:

donna723

Oh Lisa, I am so, so sorry! And your poor cousin! They must be absolutely devastated, especially since it happened with no warning. I will keep the family in my prayers.

buddy

I am so sorry Lisa for your loss. He was far too young. This has happened in my life too and it is just a terrible thing to hear. May he rest in peace.

lovemysons

Oh My I am so so sorry for your cousins family.
I think suicide must leave everyone asking themselves what they could have done...and yet you can't stop a person who is set on doing this. It must be such a hurtful helpless thing to have to live with for the family.

prayers for you all...
That's just so sad.
LMS

TerryJ2

OMG. I am SO sorry. I wouldn't know what to do. How tragic. I hope they get get some info to ease their minds and hearts, and find some peace. It will not be an easy path. I know you are stunned, too. Hugs.

DDD

My heart goes out to your family members. I do hope they find appropriate grief counseling because each of them will internalize differently as they seek answers. I will be sending supportive thoughts and prayers. What a tragedy. Hugs DDD