Photo share of difficult child's wedding dress try-ons

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h285/sugarjo/

Here is my photo bucket page. I've just downloaded some new pictures from yesterday.difficult child and I went wedding dress shopping and had so much fun! I posted them all because these were our favorites, they were all just so lovely, but the one dress that won out is the one with the lace bodice with cap sleeves, very feminine. I'm actually surprised that difficult child would choose such a modest dress, but she's always surprising me these days! The fairy tale looking princess dress with the big poufy skirt was the first choice, and then the sweet flowing off white with pink appliqued bodice, and then when difficult child put on the one with the cap sleeved one, she welled up, was embarrassed as she said, "Omg, I think I'm going to cry, I love is dress, I love everything about this dress". Well, how can a mother say no to that?There are a bunch of other pics in there, so you may have to go to the last page for the wedding dress pics, but I wanted to share them...I'm so excited, can you tell??

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
She'll be a beautiful bride, Jo. Love the dress and veil. The keyhole back is perfect. :bravo:

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
Absolutely beautiful. She looked great in all of them!! What a hard decision but as they say on Say Yes to the Dress . . . the bride will know when she puts on the right one.

I'm thrilled for you and your difficult child.

~Kathy

Rabbit

beautiful bride!!!!!! Congrats to u and your difficult child. She looks Great in all the dresses. Hugs Rabbit

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
She'll be a beautiful bride, Jo. Love the dress and veil. The keyhole back is perfect. :bravo:

Suz
I am hoping she is able to wear my veil and headpiece. Her dress is slightly off white and ivory, my veil is white. But my mom made it for me and it's beautiful Spanish lace and she wants to wear it...here's hoping. I'm going to put the dress and veil together today and see if it will work. Ultimately, it's up to difficult child, but fingers crossed!

Thanks ladies, I am very excited and was overcome with emotion yesterday...my difficult child is not so difficult child-ish anymore. She's still got a spark of the difficult child in her and she's marrying a slight difficult child as well, but she's growing and maturing everyday. Even her biodad said she's somehow different these days. He called it interesting. Lol

keista

I started looking at the pictures before reading you post. Thought she was absolutely RADIANT in that lace bodice dress.

DDD

I love her choice and am so glad that you got to share in the process. It's going to be awesome! DDD

Jo,

What a special day... While I think she looks beautiful in all of the dresses, I especially love the one she chose!!

Thanks so much for sharing, for putting a big smile on my face this morning... SFR

P

PatriotsGirl

Absolutely beautiful!!! I must have missed some big updates lately. I will need to catch up but thrilled for you!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
She looks so beautiful!!! The one she picked is so clearly just the right one for her, you can just tell. But she looked incredible in ALL of them!!!

If you haven't seen "Say Yes to the Dress", they show brides trying on wedding gowns and LOTS of them just beam and tear up when they try on the right dress. It is a fun 1/2 hour show = and is on netflix if you have it!

It is truly wonderful that you got to share this with her - one of those special mother and daughter moments that you just cannot replace.

Star*

call 911........call 911
What a stunning bride! I looked at the pictures before I read the winner - and while they all were absolutely beautiful - her choice of gown to me spoke to her. It says I'm elegant, beautiful, grown up and modest yet sophisticated, and ready to make a committment for the rest of my life. While I loved the other dresses? This one spoke volumes over the others in the ways that count for being a bride about to give her heart to the man of her dreams. She saw herself seeing him - see her in that gown!

I can't wait to see it all with the veil - You better be sure you have no run waterproof makeup that day Jo. lol.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thank you everyone - we are so very excited! When she tries on her gown with my veil I will post a new link.

I will have to wear waterproof everything as difficult child has chosen me to walk her down the isle. Or, she claims I chose for her, lol! Not really true. What I said was either have H and exh both walk her down or have just me. It wouldn't be fair to H is she chose only exh and I would be UBER P*SS*D if she chose exh over both H and me. So, there was some arm twisting...I suppose. She doesn't like the option of having both her dads walk her so she's chosen me.

I'm sure as we get closer to the date, I'll ask for opinions on this one...but I am not ready yet. LOL>

HMBgal

Your daughter is like mine: she looked wonderful in every dress she tried on. But then there's that one--you can just see it in her posture and face. When my daughter (she got married last July) tried on "the one," tears sprang (sprung?) to my eyes. She took one look at me and said "That's the reaction I was looking for. This is the dress." I only then looked at the price tag and thank heavens it wasn't too much. Your daughter is going to be a gorgeous bride. The dress is are a really cool mix of modern and traditional and it looks stunning on her. It's such a fun time! I went nuts when it was time to work with the florist...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thank you, it was not that difficult to choose. I thought it would be but everyone was right---when you know you feel it and you just know!

When they kept bringing out dresses I thought, 'Uh oh' but...it was fun!

What was very odd was the realization that I've become the next older generation! As I was sitting there waiting for her to come out, I looked around and saw all these middle aged mothers, aunts and grammas around me and it was sort of startling!!! Oh my God, these women are my PEERS!!!! Lololol