Photos of my finished laundry room

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
My contractor hands me 2 CDs with a beginning to end of the project; now I'm sharing it with you.

There are a few things that are going to be added (that I haven't decided on yet like shelving & a folding table), yet I have a working pretty cool laundry room on the main floor & I'm loving it.

Down to bare walls in plaster & lathe in the kitchen now ~ done to the last phase of this remodel.

http://www3.snapfish.com/thumbnails...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=comcast2/

Last edited:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Ladies, jump right in & help me with ideas for shelving & storage & the like. I'm thinking that white wire shelving & such. One end of the laundry room will be used for our back entryway ~ coats, shoes & the like.

Ideas - anyone?

everywoman

I would put a wire rack with poll beneath between the washer and wall to hold detergent and the likes and then be able to hang clothes beneath that you don't want to dry.

A nice bench with storage beneath along the wall to store shoes....and pegs on the wall to hang items when you come in.

house of cards

It is really nice, love the tile. I think I would turn the washer/dryer the other way. Then I would have a shelf/table built between the washer for folding, (maybe at a sitting height), and the sink. I'd also hang a wire shelf above the table and sink area for laundry supplies.. On the other side of the sink I'd get a boot box and a nice bar of hooks for the jackets. Either way, what a beautiful and functional space.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow Linda that's wonderful!! :D

I love the flooring. I think I'd turn the washer/dryer unit the other way too if possible. Of course it's hard to tell from a picture, but the way it is looks a bit odd to me and I'm wondering if you'd get more out of the space if it were turned the other way.

I use the white wire shelves with the bars for soaps and laundry that has to be hung up right away. A folding table right there......maybe a card table or some such.......can be super handy. I have my old kitchen table in my laundry room as a folding table, but my laundry room is pretty huge. lol

Enjoy it.

Hugs

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
The original design was to have the washer/dryer turned toward the windows ~ unfortunately the gas line nixed that. The inspectors rejected the original design ~ therefore the washer/dryer is there for a reason.

Having said that, husband has a beautiful peace of Vermont maple out in the garage (no idea what his plan for it was). I asked my carpenter if he could make a folding counter (using L brackets) between the washer & utility sink. I'd like to make some shelves out of that if at all possible to hide the workings of the washer.

I also thought to use all white wire shelves or some white cabinetry type thing like the utility sink or a combo of both.

I love that room either way. It's so simple to walk from my bedroom to the laundry room. I feel like a homemaking goddess - given the highest honor. An upstairs laundry room.;)

Lothlorien

Make sure you have some closet pole put under one shelf that has enough length that you can hang stuff. I put the empty hangers in my laundry room on the closet pole and hang up everything that needs hanging right out of the dryer.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Loth, the dryer has a pole that you can hang clothes on .... it's pretty cool. I can hang at least 2 dozen shirts on it & when done it pushes back into the dryer.

I'm looking for a bench to store shoes &/or purses & I'm going to put up hooks for coats & such.

witzend

It's very nice and bright! I wish I had a wash-tub sink! I don't know why this house doesn't have one, but there is never any place to wash out something grimy or paint filled without getting it all over my sink!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It looks super! Linda's Lovely Laundry! :D Surely worthy of the domestic goddess you are... mine surely reflects my attitude of housework in general: something I wish I didn't have to think about (it's in the garage... out of sight, out of mind).

Lothlorien

Linda, that sounds cool! My parents have the same type of washer/dryer, but it's really old and doesn't have a pull out pole.....cool!

klmno

Yep, Witz! I'm always using the bathtub for stuff like that but the older I get, the more of a pain it is to bend down and work over the side of it.

mstang67chic

Going Green

I'm looking for a bench to store shoes &/or purses & I'm going to put up hooks for coats & such.

If you don't find what you want....how about a bench (like a picnic table bench...something basic like that) and put the fabric lined baskets underneath? I've seen various sizes at Walmart and they are pretty reasonably priced.

Otherwise...the room looks great! I'll be over later in the week with my backed up laundry!