Picking up Duckie a little...

tiredmommy

early from school tomorrow. I'm taking her to Kohl's to buy her a bra. Not that she needs a proper bra but she's starting to bud a little. UGH!!!! She's nine. We'll be picking out a few sport bra's and bralettes.

I'm not happy, lol! I think I'll need a stiff drink tomorrow evening. :winks:

SRL

Moms told me that Old Navy was a good place to start and I agree. They're cheap and hold up well.

tiredmommy

Thanks for the tip. Our Old Navy, unfortunately, is an outlet/clearance center so the selection is spotty at best. Kohl's kiddie bra's are on sale buy one get one free right now and I have a 15% coupon so we'll do okay cost-wise.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Kohl's has a pretty good selection. So does ShopKo if you have one in your area. I've always HATED bras...even the training bras

Lothlorien

I got the little cami bras at Target. Mighty Mouse calls them her boob thing. I can't help but laugh everytime he says that. She was so proud the day I bought them for her. Ugh.....closer and closer to puberty, heh? **shudder**

tiredmommy

Actually, Duckie was quite resistant... until I pointed out that her Godmother asked me "So when did she get boobs?". She was horrified! Then, I told her she's likely to be teased soon if we don't get her into a bra to smooth things out. So... she's been wearing sports bra's from cheer all week but they're a little small so off we go on her first official bra shopping adventure... and it's Mother's Day weekend even! :hammer:

M

ML

OMG it happens way too young. Manster's 11 year old girlfriends are starting to wear them. And makeup. And a couple even getting periods. This month they are getting their "growing and changing" aka "sex ed" class. Oy vey.

susiestar

Roll With It
been there done that and flat out REFUSE to do it again. Jess has been in bras since about then. My mom takes her out for bras. Jess is an absolute difficult child turd if I take her to buy them. Not sure why but she is so extremely difficult the whole trip. NOTHING is right, good, etc... the entire trip. I suffered through it for 3 years until I learned that she is an "angel" when she bra shops with my mom. It isn't the price - I spend more on them than my mom does! We have even bought the same brand and style at times when she went with each of us. But if I buy them they are awful and if Gma buys them they are great.

I do NOT envy you the shopping!

KTMom91

Ah, yes, I remember those days! When I took her shopping, fuss and fights. I finally gave up and just sent her to the lingerie dept herself. Now she spends I don't even know how much at Frederick's, because the bras at Victoria's Secret don't fit her right. Don't know what's wrong with Target or Kohl's...

DammitJanet

lalalalalal..fingers in ears. I dont want to hear this!

We just switched Keyana over from toddler clothes to the girls dept and boy is that a change! You go from looking like a little girl to looking like a teenager in one fell swoop! They even had bra's in size 5!

mavh2005

lalalalalal..fingers in ears. I dont want to hear this!

We just switched Keyana over from toddler clothes to the girls dept and boy is that a change! You go from looking like a little girl to looking like a teenager in one fell swoop! They even had bra's in size 5!

We have easy child in girls clothes now... its amazing at how hard it is to find "little girl" clothes for her. I don't want her to be a hoochie momma.

As for difficult child... BM didn't take her to get her 1st bras.. I did. I just stick with the little sports bras and cami types ones. Not ready for the real thing yet... Maybe in a couple of years. She's almost 10. YIKES

tiredmommy

Well... we're home. It's quite surreal taking your daughter bra shopping and buying her a sprinkler for the yard in the same trip. :faint:

She saw some bras with shaped cups and said she was glad she didn't need those yet. She came away with two cami style and six bralettes. Plus a new bathing suit, a watch and said sprinkler. Cost: $50.

Getting along well the entire time... priceless! :thumbsup:

Mattsmom277

My easy child will be 11 in a few weeks. She's resisting me big time, but she really needs a beginner bra. Last year she agreed to white undershirts with a bit of a built in supportive type thing. But she needs that beginner bra. At 10! :( :( I could use a stiff drink while responding to your post lol. She is most horrified at trying to put on hockey gear with a chest that is no longer flat. She keeps wondering how big they'll get and if it will impact her skating, She's obsessed with fear about it. Sadly, both her fathers and my side of the family have strong genes in the women for VERY heavy chests. I had a reduction (much needed!) 2 months before getting pregnant with difficult child. She takes after me. I dread to picture her a year from now!!!

Hope your shopping went well. This summer she's getting no choice to continue resisting, can't happen. She's starting school this coming fall with what she calls "boulder holders" to wear every day. I want to turn back time and then freeze it lol

Lothlorien

Well, I found tank tops with the built in bralette. $6.99 ea. Missy thinks those are the bomb!
Glad your trip went well. I so feel you!