"Please be a dear and wrap in clear"

Lothlorien

What the heck? I just got an invite for a bridal shower. I guess I haven't been to one in several years, but this was on the invite, under the registry info. Why wrap in clear? Guess I'm just giving a gift certificate.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I guess it's supposed to save unwrapping time... Clear being either no wrapping (saves paper, GREEN) or clear plastic so they don't have to unwrap to appreciate. I think it's annoying. I LOVE to wrap gifts. (Just ask ym kids... I wrap even stocking stuffers.)

Scent of Cedar *

That doesn't seem right, does it. It's too much fun seeing all the pretty packages and wondering what is in them. What next, I wonder! Just order online from the list of things they want and have it delivered? No need for the party part at all, that way.

We are losing so much that was pleasant and right, with everyone working and no one having enough time.

Cedar

LittleDudesMom

It's a custom in some European countries and has been around in the US for a number of years - it's just more rare here! It's usually because it will be a "display shower". Gifts are wrapped in cellophane and usually placed on a table for all the guests to see. It saves time and money, especially with a large shower when you could easily sit for over an hour and watch one person open gifts!

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'd never heard of that before myself but this board entertains me and educates me like no other! Now I know and for the future should I or my daughters ever encounter such a situation (chances are they will not myself).

Personally I agree, I would much prefer a wrapped present not only for the aesthetics of it but just seems tacky to have presents unwrapped.

helpangel

I might go along with clear wrap bridal shower gifts but NO WAY would someone want my idea of bachlorete gifts on display for their future mother in law to see.

ROFL Nancy