Please don't jinx me!

klmno

Ya know how SOMETHING ALWAYS seems to go wrong when you're planning to get ahead just a tiny bit on your chore list???

I got bills paid, did laundry, made two calls re. personal business, joined one of those stores that sell tires and got two new tires put on the car, got an oil change, and did my weekly shopping today...oh, and went to the bank to deposit a check and order new checks. I just can't believe that nothing took twice as long as I anticipated and no bombshell was dropped- like finding I needed a whole new wheel or something. LOL!!

I got a letter from difficult child yesterday when I got home- he doesn't want to come back home...he does, he just says he doesn't, I can tell. He had gotten to call me on my cell from his behavior/unit counselor's office yesterday morning and I happened to be at the airport awaiting my flight home. Then he called again last night, which was great!

Anyway, if I can keep up at this pace on my chore list, I might actually be caught up by next month! A month late, but still.....

Now, if I can just land a better job. I'm not counting on this one lasting for me on the next contract- if it even lasts that long.

Three months from now life will be different one way or another. I turn the big 50 and this contract runs out. I am SOoooooo hoping I have a more stable job by then. Then the next BIG issue is going to be finding some situation for difficult child upon his release that courts won't fight and difficult child and I both can live with, hopefully that might actually help him transition into "the real world".

Just thought I'd share a good day.....

Anyone else want to express a sigh of relief about getting something accomplished or that you're planning on doing this summer??

H

HaoZi

Nowhere near caught up on much of anything, but happy to hear you sounding chipper and hopeful!

DDD

Enjoy! Those normal days are bound to become more frequent soon. I sure hope so. Hugs. DDD

M

ML

We must be twins. I had the same kind of day yesterday, a marathon of getting things done. This summer I'd really like to get my basement organized and finish the last 2 rooms of our home improvements that just sort of ceased. Time to get on husband's hiney but with manster now home for summer he has his hands full.

Oh and I also turn 50 in three months. Fun times lol.

klmno

Wow ML- you know what they say about great minds, right?? LOL! I'm trying hard to motivate myself to get as much accomplished today, especially since the range is out so now I need to mop floors, too, since the owner might be coming to look at the range this week. I was really looking forward to cooking dinner tonight and this just really puts a damper on my motivation.

Good luck on your summer projects- tell husband that can be your b-day present.