Please help - I just found her meth pipe!

P

PatriotsGirl

Well, there is officially a warrant out for her arrest. Now we pray she does something stupid and gets picked up....then her PO said we will discuss treatment. Yes, mom and dad's insurance will foot the bill, but I want to at least offer it. Again. Meanwhile, I cry when no one is looking. I read other parents' blogs and I cry. I am going to a meeting tonight. I am so looking forward to connecting with other parents. I have husband but he is so frustrated and has wiped his hands clean of the whole thing, that it is not really comforting to talk to him about this. I'm in parental hades.

Hi. From my life experience I know exactly how and what it takes to ride the road to recovery and recidivisum. Was there other options at hand instead of turning in the person getting them in more trouble, recording more to their record and more devastating stress in this time of need and support. Recovery can be extremely difficult, requiring love, care, support, stability, healthy relationship and success, positive influential interests, hobbies and consequential punishment. That's just a micro fraction of the required recovery tools and habits.

I mean this in respect to u and your situational awareness acts and reactions. Person will go to jail with emotional and mental distress which in turn will present instability. Then might be presented with a treatment plan cause honestly that's the last objective on ther list. Basically when I look at this difficult decisions and turn of events, in the end everything that is needing to be applied isn't...it isn't being utilized. From my knowledge and experience I would be :censored2: in the head for a long while limping my psychological addiction recovery advancement (substance abuse)

P

PatriotsGirl

This is a really old post....brings me back a year.....not good times.

difficult child still does not live here, nor will she ever again. Life is far too peaceful here now. She has still been on drugs and is now giving a go of changing her life on her own. As of last night, she is living with an ex-Marine friend of mine and working for her. Today was her first day at work and she is almost done for the day. My friend texts me updates now and then...lol. My hope is that she has hit a wall and is ready for change, especially now that the slimy boyfriend broke her heart...she has a fabulous support system around her. She always has. She has just always been the dictator of her life and it had to be her decision to change anything. I am hoping the choice for change sticks around but as I said in my previous post, I am cautiously optimistic, always cautiously...thank you for your replies!

buddy

Patsgirl, must be kind of weird to read from so far back....and kind of encouraging (as you said cautiously) to see that things can change and once again, sure hope this goes well for her. Everyone deserves a shot! Will be looking forward to your updates with her job.

Nancy

I thought the same thing, what a strange feeling to read a post from so long ago. A few weeks ago I did that because I wanted to see what my frame of mind was last year when difficult child went into the sober house. It was sad to remember those days but I was surprised at how strong I have become, and so have you PG.

Nancy

Last edited:
My dear sweet friends.

Just want you to know that I'm keeping you guys in major prayer. Over the years, you've seen my Sweet Betsy, go down this same road. I so understand your feelings and emotions about the whole deal. It's heartbreaking, it's crushing, and for me, alot of times, it was paralyzing.

She is 23 now and BETTER. Not perfect, still smoking pot, and limiting her alcohol intake. No more liquor, but still a couple of tall boys, 3 times a week. No more shooting heroin, no more smoking crack,no more eating handfuls of pills at one time, and no more giving herself away just to survive. She spent a year in Teen Challenge and 3 different rehabs. By the grace of God, she is alive. Because SHE chose to be.

It took me longer than it should have to stop trying to rescue. It was always in my mind that there had to be ONE more thing that I could do to turn her around. After more drama than I could handle, I quit answering the phone, completely. Lots of natural consequences finally caught up with her....lots of them. Really, really bad ones. And I still didn't answer the phone. It was the most difficult thing I could do, I still didn't sleep well, I still worried, but I stopped being there.

After the last beating she took from ex boyfriend, she finally got it. She chose life. On her own. She realized how precious life is, and did and is still doing all she can to be the best she can be. She is the sweet soul that she was meant to be, She is my daughter, and she is amazing.

I guess I tell you this to give you HOPE. Don't let go. Decide what kind of relationship you'r comfortable with. Be true to your own boundaries.That was the key for me....it's not about you Sweet Betsy, it's now about me...and my life and my boundaries. And live your life.

I'll keep praying for you all. Don't give up.

Blessings,

Julie

S

Signorina

PG- my heart dropped when I saw the subject at the top of the queue - so glad it is an old post.

SO many words of wisdom here - especially yours Julie. I struggle so much with Hope and keeping our relationship while trying to detach and remember that a relationship "at any cost" isn't really a relationship. thank you for getting it. I love this group