Please no, not a meltdown now.

maxeygirls

I finally got the info on when husband will be home, everything except a flight number. There was no "between _ and _" it was "this day, unsure of time."
It is close enough that I had no choice but to tell difficult child. I told her yesterday and it finally hit her today. After that, I was truly tempted to lock myself, easy child and all four cats in the bathroom and hide. She's excited but she's also violent, uncontrollable, moody, and totally impossible to redirect. New behavior has emerged, such as choking herself, taking my fingers and digging my nails into her arm, leg, etc. and screaming that I hurt her, screaming "HELP HELP MOMMY HURT ME" at the top of her lungs to anyone that drives or walks by, then if they stop she screams "DADDY COMING HOME IN _ DAYS!" She is also rambling on about things that make no sense, even to a 3 year old, and has no recollection of what she says or does.
I have to hold it together for just a little longer, before Easter. This came on so strong and so instantly that my head is reeling from it.
We're so close, we've come so far on our own over the last 14 months. I really fear that she's going to totally lose it again and end up in the hospital. I don't want her to see husband for the first time in 8 months during a one hour visit at the hospital. I blocked out everything except her and easy child today, now that difficult child is asleep I'm trying not to panic.
Does anyone have any idea of how I can pull her back from the edge she's on?
I left a message for her psychiatrist's office, no response yet, no sure if they can do anything either way to stop this spiral.

maxeygirls

Any time she gets excited over something larger than getting chocolate milk with dinner it sends her into a mood like this, the bigger the event, the bigger the mood.

maxeygirls

Update: We ran blood tests, all medications were low in her system so we increased the dosage. Things are getting better quickly and just in time for husband to come home.

SRL

Hopefully things will continue.

For what it's worth, many of us have found that low key holidays are a lot easier on the family when you have a challenging little one in the house. Too much "special stuff" can really throw things out of whack for preschoolers.