Please post your favorite banana bread recipe here

Sue C

We had a recipe we liked that I used to make. It was pretty good but not great. I tried one yesterday that was better. It used sour cream. I'm looking for a fantastic banana bread recipe. Anyone got one? If so, can you please post it for me to try?

Thanks,
Sue

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I love this recipe and my kids do as well! We make it once a week!!! You can add walnuts if you like...

I think it was a Cooking Light Recipe???

BANANA OATMEAL BREAD
1 cup packed brown sugar
7 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
1 1/3 cups mashed bananas (about 2 large)
1 cup regular oats
1/2 cup fat free milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat well at medium speed of a mixer. Combine banana, oats and milk; add to sugar mixture beating well. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir with a whisk. Add to sugar mixture; beat just until moist. Spoon batter into a 9x5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Enjoy!!!

I have played with this recipe and used more bananas and substituted wheat flour at times; it seems to always come out great! Kids seem to love it.

mattsmom27

I have an awesome, super moist sugar free recipe for banana bread somewhere around here. Haven't made it in a while, but I will try to dig it up tomorrow and post it here. I have always loved banana bread and tried many good recipes through the years. Since gastric bypass, I can't have sugar or I vomit (yuck, but good because it keeps me in line LOL) so I've tried many sugar free recipes that were terrible. I nearly gave up on ever eating banana bread again and then I was given the recipe I'll try to post tomorrow. It is by far the best recipe for bbread I have ever had, better than any full sugar recipe I've ever had. I hope I can find it, now I want to make some tomorrow HAHA. It doesn't have any artificial sweeteners in it either. I do use splenda etc in some recipes, but I know many people don't like them. This recipe uses apple sauce etc for sweetening it.

ScentofCedar

Oh what a good idea! I make the worst banana bread in the world.

Seriously!

I just don't have a touch for it.

Now, I will have to watch this thread and learn how to finally do it right.

Good.

I love banana bread!

Barbara

:smile:

On_Call

I have a bit of a secret tip - maybe you've all heard of it and it's not much of a secret, but it was interesting to me.

If you add a jar of banana baby food to your recipe, cutting out the appropriate amount of real mashed bananas, the bread comes out so moist and it smells delicious. This especially comes in handy if you don't quite have enough real bananas for the recipe.

PS: It's kind of funny, too, for us to buy baby food again on occasion - our munchkins are 11 and 8. :wink: