Please pray for a lightbulb

F

flutterbee

It's hard for our kids to have much insight into themselves. When they start recognizing things in other kids and can connect it to themselves, that's when the lightbulb starts to go off. It sounds like he's reaching that point.

It's like MB described with her daughter with mine...I have to be very specific about what, where, when, how, who, when I compliment her. And then she questions me like she doesn't believe me. I also make sure she overhears me bragging about her.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you can get some services in place that will help.

Bran, My gfgg is so much like that. (See post about boundaries) She fixes and mothers but very hard for her to do it for her or to receive. We were at a grocery today where they offer carryout as part of their service. She would not accept help. pointed that out-OK to recive help and she goes I hate people. Compassion

klmno

Thanks all- there are some pointers here about how to help- I'll work on it!! He doesn't see it yet, but yes, I am very glad to see him have that insight and caring about others around him- especially others that have their own issues to struggle through.