Please Pray for Julius

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
We found out yesterday, difficult children girlfriend, S, is a carrier of a rare genetic disorder called Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome. They will test the baby tomorrow. He is due January 28, but if test result shows WAS, he will be delivered early, and an attempt at a cure will be made by use of a cord-blood transfer.

My friends, this boy will more than likely have a tough time with life anyways, given who his daddy is..........difficult child continues to struggle with his addictions and suffer the consequences. I pray the test is negative. Research I've read says if the mother is a carrier, there is a 50/50 chance she will pass it to her son. Survival rate of those with WAS is anywhere from 5 to 35 years.

Heavy heart.

Peace

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{ponygirl}}} I'm so sorry - this WAS disorder sounds so grim. Obviously, I hope the baby tests negative and I hope that difficult child can stay clean and his girlfriend strong. Sending hugs and prayers.

witzend

I will hold out hope that should it be needed, the cord blood transfer will help him to be a happy healthy boy. Hopefully, in any case, they will be able to set the cord blood aside and save it,as it can be a lifesaver later in life, as well.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
What a potentially sad situation. I'm so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts for a positive result.

Suz

DDD

You can count on my support and prayers, Pony. Geez.......life is so very complicated! Hugs. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay Pony -

Here was my initial thought - I don't feel there is anything wrong with this baby. I've been having really good it's a boy, it's a girl...it's twins, feelings and when you told me about the WASP in Julian - my initial thought was if the Mom is a carrier there is a chance for him but we're going to keep positive vibes for my little Grand Nephew.

-Just because......I think he's GRAND.

HUGE PRAYERS going up for our little Julian.

Hugs
Star

trinityroyal

Adding in my prayers and positive thoughts that Julius is in the happy 50%, and that if he does have the condition the cord blood transfer helps to alleviate things.

Sending many gentle hugs and hoping for a good outcome.

Trinity

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Thanks everybody. We'll get the results in 2 weeks. Hoping for a really great early Christmas Present!!

Oh and Star? It'll probably work no matter what, but go ahead and say prayers for JuliUS instead of JuliAN. (Although, who am I to say, there's probably a Julian somewhere who could use our prayers, too!)

Peace

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sorry I've got in on this so late. Adding Mom, baby, You, and difficult child to my prayers Pony. Mom has been thru enough, and so has grandma.

(((hugs)))

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sending out prayers for a *Negative* Christmas Present as well.
Only positive thoughts.