Please pray.....just called 911 for my grandma

JJJ

At the hospital with her now, she is doing better but very, very tired. She is completely coherent and able to direct her care. She is hoping to go home tomorrow. Her cardiologist is from a different hospital so they are trying to coordinate care.

DDD

So glad that she is doing well. My husband has congestive heart failure and as a result I cook and serve with-o salt. Is she following a low sodium diet? It's boring but, lol, helpful. DDD

JJJ

So glad that she is doing well. My husband has congestive heart failure and as a result I cook and serve with-o salt. Is she following a low sodium diet? It's boring but, lol, helpful. DDD

Lol, my parents are both on very low sodium diets (in fact. My mom wrote the low sodium guide that their cardio hands out). But my grandma's other issue is that her sodium levels are very low so she must consume salt or she gets very dizzy and faint. It is a trick to find the balance between the two issues.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad it wasn't a heart attack and grandma is feeling better. I'll keep grandma and tigger in my prayers.

((hugs))

JJJ

She is doing fantastic this morning. I showed her this thread and her and my grandpa teared up and said what an amazing group we have here. Grandma said she felt the prayers, thank you.

busywend

JJJ, not sure how I missed this! So glad Gma is doing better. How cute they are to appreciate the prayers and thoughts.

lovemysons

JJJ, glad your grandma is doing better. I have been reading of several things going on in your life recently. Prayers that things calm down for you all.

hugs,
LMS

DDD

Glad she is doing well. Just wondering...is she following a sodium reduced diet? My husband has the same problem and Mayo gave him a number to keep in mind each day for sodium intake. It's a pain in the fanny to keep track of his diet while I'm following my new diet but husband feels much better and has lost some pounds too. DDD

TerryJ2

I'm glad there's a diagnosis and that the doctors are working on it. Fingers crossed. And I'm sending hope, strength and healthy vibes your way.

JJJ

Glad she is doing well. Just wondering...is she following a sodium reduced diet? My husband has the same problem and Mayo gave him a number to keep in mind each day for sodium intake. It's a pain in the fanny to keep track of his diet while I'm following my new diet but husband feels much better and has lost some pounds too. DDD

My grandma doesn't processess sodium like a normal person so she actually has to have extra sodium. The doctors try to balance this by restricting her water intake. Originally, they had put her on a low sodium diet and she ended up in the hospital near death a few years ago. Her sodium was 114 (125 is considered dangerously low).

I think the doctor is just going to increase her testing of both her sodium level and her overall fluid levels.

TerryJ2

Excellent! Much better news than I expected when I read your first post.
Interesting about the sodium issue. I know nothing of that sort of thing. I am glad she is in good hands, and coherent. You GO, Grandma! Hugs.
I hope this is one thing off your plate, JJJ, and that you can have a calm Thanksgiving.