Please rattle beads

slsh

member since 1999
Friends lost their difficult child son last night. I'm simply beside myself - it's the same old story, gfgness, mental illness, substance abuse, and the parents finally having to take a stand and say "not in our home". My heart is just broken for them.

If you could hold this family close in your thoughts, I'd appreciate it. They're such *good* decent people, and they tried so very hard to get their son on a better path. It's such a staggering loss, so pointless.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm so sorry, Sue. They are living our worst nightmare. What a terrible thing.

Sad hugs,
Suz

Lothlorien

Oh how awful. We had a neighbor who found their son on Christmas morning, just on their front porch. Not only is it the worst nightmare, but every Christmas they will relive it. My heart aches for them.

Mattsmom277

Beads rattling from here too. This is something we all fear. I hope the parents can find comfort down the line that they had done all they could. Sometimes tragedies happen in good families, sounds like one of them. :(

gcvmom

Here we go again!
How very tragic. Like everyone else said, it's something we all dread in the back of our minds... I hope they have lots of support to get them through this.