Please rattle your chicken beads...

PatriotsGirl

She just called and got her schedule - the only day off she has is Wednesday!! Looks like Grammy will be doing lots of babysitting these evenings... :)

Nancy

Wonderful news PG. This will keep her very busy and productive. She will have days with her little one and nights to work, couldn't ask for a better schedule.

PatriotsGirl

Wonderful news PG. This will keep her very busy and productive. She will have days with her little one and nights to work, couldn't ask for a better schedule.

They are starting her off on 30 hours. I thought that was pretty good. I didn't expect her to get that many hours right away. The only daytime work day she has is Friday. I am going to watch the little one since she hasn't gotten her first paycheck yet to pay anyone to babysit. Besides, I have a few errands to run so I may just take that day off anyway and get it done.

She posted on Facebook thanking me for being so awesome and said she didn't know what she would do without me. That just warmed my heart..

And yesterday - we were grocery shopping - she was getting some fruit using her WIC voucher. She put a bag of apples in the cart. I then see her put back three apples and came back with three others. I looked at her puzzled. She explained that she had tried to cheat - the apples she got was on sale and she tried putting some better ones in the mix but her conscience got the best of her and she just couldn't do it. She looked at me and said that was a first. But I know her, I know she is a really good person inside and that is now showing again since drugs are out of the picture. :)

It has been two months now that she has been here and I see no sign of the person she used to be - safe to say this is her new normal?? Honeymooning has never lasted this long with her and I don't feel at all like I am waiting for a shoe to drop...this is a first... :)

PatriotsGirl

Oh and get this! She was talking about getting a second job!!! I told her no - one job was enough. That she did not want to miss out on this time with her baby - it never comes back...BUT, I think we will look at online schooling next year. That she can do...