Please...what do I do?

My poor brother was in the marines a long tome ago. He's never been the same. He just killed himself this afternoon. The police are still at my parents house. They have to do an autopsy. There was no note. Besides my sister and parents, nobody knows.

You ladies are the only ones I can reach out to. My poor brother! My poor parents! I have been laying on my floor crying for an hour. I can't even think straight. I have to go to Fl. My dad is so sick in addition to all this.
I'm sorry, I want to throw some things. How? Why? The poor guy!!!! What do I do? I'm not strong.

husband is asking me about baseball and dinner. He has no idea how to help me, this is new territory. I just am breathing in and out, that's all I can manage.

T

TeDo

I am so sorry UAN. I can only imagine the pain you are feeling. All you can do is be there with your family.....for each other and especially for your parents. A suicide death is sooooo much harder to deal with than a "regular" death. There are so many questions that may never be answered that eat away at all involved. Make sure you do what you have to for YOU.

{{{{(((HUGS)))}}}}

S

Signorina

Oh hunny, I am so so sorry

You just keep breathing, keep putting one foot in front of the other. That's all you can do.

{{{hugs}}}

witzend

I'm so sorry for you and for your family. What a terribly sad thing. :( I don't know that there is anything that you can do other than to grieve and move forward and know that you are not alone.

Do contact the VA and make sure that your brother is recognized for his service. Perhaps they can refer you and your parents to a support group. Sadly, there far too are many veterans who are ending their lives. They deserve more and better.

B

bigbear11

So so sorry. Sometimes all you can do is put on foot in front of the other and breath. Take time to greive and be there for each other. Sending prayers and Hugs.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
UAN

I am so very very sorry for your loss. I ditto Witz, make certain the VA gets contacted and your bro is recognized for his service.

I don't know what to say, I know this has got to be such a horrible thing for you and your family. Such a tragedy, so very sad.

You and your family are in my prayers. Think of my arms around you right now giving you warm gentle ((((hugs)))).

donna723

Oh honey, I am so very, very sorry. You're probably going to be numb for a while. Like someone else said, all you can do at this point is to put one foot in front of the other and do what you have to do. Sending many gentle hugs and prayers for your family.

muttmeister

OMG - I can only imagine the shock you're all in. There's not a lot you can do except be there for your family. In a case like this, you just have to take care of what has to be done moment to moment and let the rest take care of itself for awhile.
Saying prayers for you and yours.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
UAN, I am so so very sorry. Words cannot express my deepest sympathies for you and your family. It is very new territory, I know it firsthand because my son in law killed himself 12 years ago. I understand the magnitude of your shock, your pain and your incredible grief. I am so sorry. I am saying prayers for your family...............gentle and caring hugs for you.............

bby31288

UAN. My heart is so heavy for you and your family. Please try to take care of yourself. You cannot help your parents if you are not well. I'm so sorry. I don't even know what else to say.