pm problems

L

Liahona

Is there a way to send pm to a group of people? When I tried it said I couldn't but the instructions say to put a semicolon between names.

InsaneCdn

I know what you mean.
I'm guessing that the moderators and site adminstrators can send to a group - but the rest of us can't?
I've always just copied the contents into a wordpad doctor first, then sent the same message to two different people.

But its not meant to be like email - with a list of 10 people on it.
PM = private message.

busywend

I just tried and it let me, but I am a Mod so maybe you are right. Cheryl will be able to answer this one.

R

runawaybunny

Group pm's were disabled for members because spammers kept registering and using our pm system to send spam to groups of members via private messages.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

InsaneCdn

Cheryl -
This is a tech-head talking... I'm guessing that the way the board tools are set up, it isn't possible to limit the NUMBER of addressees to something like 2 or 3? I know sometimes the tools are really stupid, and will only allow "one" or "many" - but some tools have the option of a fixed number...

I've only wanted to do more than one person, twice - and both of those would have been to two people.
To me - not a huge deal. I just have to remember to save the original, then paste it in to a second message for the other person.
The reason for "2" being a magic number? Sometimes I use PMs to get two other people in touch with each other on a particular topic, where some of the details need to be off-line. It just makes it more obvious what is goig on... but not having it just means being more detailed in the message.

Thanks for the update, Cheryl!

L

Liahona

Just so as I wasn't doing something wrong. Sometimes I miss the obvious. Thanks for looking in to it for me.