police station/juvie tonight

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
He ran. He did something VERY wrong. He got caught. We got called. I went to police station in town Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is in. Cried. Talked to detective. Talked to him. Cried. Talked to detective more. Left. Cried more.

He has a hearing on the morning of 31st so we will adjust gfg1s return time to her Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

I got home a little after 3 this morning and can't wind down yet. The nice detective actually apoligized to me. I said not your fault. He said I know but hated to drag you down here in the middle of the night. You know it almost made it worse that he was so nice. Kinda like when he asked me if I wanted to see difficult child 2. I hesitated and he said I didn't have to and I said I do but I don't. He said he could understand that.

I want to throw up now.

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh Beth,
I'm so sorry. I wish I had some way to make it all better. I hope you are able to get some sleep. Will keep you and your family in my prayers. :angel:

Nancy

I am so sorry.

It isn't your fault but I know that you still feel awful.

One of the many times I had called the police to our house, one of the officers hugged me as he left and told me he was very sorry for me. It almost made me feel worse.

Nancy

DDD

Please accept my knowing sympathy. It is awful to get that call
and it is so much worse when it is at night. I am sending cyber
hugs your way and saying a prayer that this trauma will lead to
something positive in the long run. DDD

busywend

Beth, so sorry for your pain.
I hope this turns into something positive for your difficult child 2. He needs to be on lock down if he is running. I hope it is not just juvie though - I hope he gets some mental health help, too.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
thank you all so much. Woke with a headache. Have a few things to do today but difficult child 1 is being really good while she is home so this is an absolute good thing.

Only time will tell where things will end up. Just one more chapter in a very hard to read book.

Beth

klmno

{{{HUGS}}} So, sorry this happened. Nothing worse than "those phone calls" . I hope this can be a turn in the right direction.

everywoman

I am sorry that you are having to face this. It is hard to watch them throw their lives away on a whim! A big hug for your pain.

witzend

I'm so sorry. It brought a tear to my eye to read your post, to know of that knot in your stomach, and that unrest in your soul. Peace be with you.

Steely

:frown: Ohhhhh............I just know how horrible this is for you, and yet I am frustrated that there is nothing I can say that will make this better.

I still have literal nightmares about the episodes that my difficult child went through with the law. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

So, SO sorry, you are going through this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.