Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks EVERYONE - your input and advice is (as always) invaluable.

Genny - if Dude needs to *(** or get off the pot? Can I write that on TP - included in Memoirs from the Krappa?

I pray that if I keep my nose on my face and not in his business he'll begin to comprehend that MOMMA is NOT going to fix stuff.

Like I said - my only concern is his level of depression - I called the fosters and spoke with the foster mom and she said that he's ALWAYS 'ill", "irritable", and a "growley bear", but lately it's been worse (if I could believe that). Thinking to myself - DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHY HE LIVES AT YOUR HOME? (slap forhead)

But she was sincere about his depression and said they are watching him. She thinks he needs on medications. So maybe they'll talk him into it.

I wish - I really wish there was a way, a credit card sized something we as parents could hold out in front of our children and tell when we should step in because they ARE so mentally defunct, and when they are JUST being lazy and figure if they lay down, we will worry, rush in, and fix it.

I'm still muddling through the SSI forms - ARGH who designed this ....oh wait THE GOVERNMENT???? YEAh......thanks for that headache.

Maybe if he gets SSI - this will aleviate some stress for us all. :whiteflag::confused:

slsh

member since 1999
(cautiously clearing throat - ahem - and asking in a very soft voice)

Starbie - why are you filling out his SSI forms?

(ducking now)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie

I've tried to respond to this post countless times............. But the dratted dsl kept preventing it.

I decided to take my own advice and butt out. I decided that there isn't really anything I can offer or do that he can't do for himself, but is too depressed to do.

But I see you beat me to the punch. :rofl:

It's so damn hard to watch our kids struggling. But honestly, I think you did the right thing. And the FPs are watching the depression.

I've learned my kids accomplish more when I stubbornly do nothing. Not quite as easy as it sounds either.

Dude is making progress, but he's not going to get better all at once.

Hugs

DammitJanet

I think Star has to fill out the forms...or the foster parents or case managers or whomever is in charge of him at the moment has to do it. He cant legally do it right now. Hell...I just managed to extricate myself as payee on Corys check in the last month or so. He couldnt even call in to give them simple changes or ask a question about himself. I had to do it even with him sitting right next to me. I dont even know his social security number and he does! I would have to give him the phone to have him give the number then take the phone back...how stupid.

Now star...the forms really arent all that complicated to fill out. Just do it. If I managed to struggle through them with all my cognitive problems you can do it. With all his placements and problems he will probably be a shoe in right now.