Poor Nichole

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've pretty much settled it in my mind she's inherited my kidney diseases. Sure does look like it.:( She called me this evening from the ER. She got home from work and the stabbing pain hit her out of nowhere, knocked the breath out of her and overwhelmed her so bad she headed for the hospital.

She's been having issues on and off. But urologist has cancelled appts with her twice now for one reason or other and he's not so easy to get in to see. He had hoped she would pass her stones. But of course she didn't. Because people in my family do not pass stones. We make the cockleburr type that if they do pass they rip up your insides and you literally pray to die. We watched forever. No stones.

So tonight ER doctor tells Nichole she has a high fever. lots of WBC's and blood in her urine. Agrees the stones are also most likely still there. Gives her a strong antibiotic, motrin and vicodin and tells her to schedule an appoint with the urologist again.

BUT if her fever goes any higher or the pain gets any worse or she starts vomiting she's to high tail it back to the ER immediately! I backed him up by explaining to her that fever indicates it's possible it can go septic on her.

I know it's genetics. But darn it to heck it makes me feel horrid. I told her next time I see my nephrologist I'm dragging her along. Hopefully he can help with some interventions to limit damage and prolong the point of failure. I'm giving her my diet books and guides. Told her she doesn't have to be as strict with it as I do, but limiting certain foods ect now sure won't hurt.

Gawd! I sure don't want to see her having to live the same life I have.:(

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
That has got to be the worst - watching her suffer with what you've lived through. I'm so sorry, for both of you. I sure hope she listens to the doctors and does what she needs to do to limit the damage. Sending up healing thoughts.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole ended up back in the ER at 5am for fever and vomiting. She's been admitted. Now I'm woofing down a cup of coffee and throwing on clothes. Seems NOW the doctor is very interested in what diseases her mother has. :rolleyes:

Now I have to keep a close eye on her. Our hospital is basically a death trap.

Good thoughts/prayers appreciated.

Thanks