poor old Buddy Dog....good wishes pls.

buddy

In the middle of the night Buddy and JJ followed me downstairs and while I was on the couch with JJ I heard Buddy fall down the basement stairs (wooden -to a concrete floor ) I don't remember going down the steps I flew so fast. At the bottom he was rolling over and over across the floor. Super fast. I went and stopped him and just waited. I picked him up and he cuddled in my bed. He's still sleeping. I am worried. Was hoping he'd make it till after the holidays :eek:(

SuZir

Epilepsy?

Sometimes epilepsy attacks especially when a dog develops it late in life can not look so straightforward epilepsy attacks. And often they are not too serious and don't need to be medicated and don't shorten a life of the dog.

I hope he wakes up fine.

Is that JJ in your avatar? Too cute!

Nancy

Awww buddy, I hope he's ok. It's so sad to see them that way. My puppy is going to be 13 next month and she's having a lot of problems and falls down the stairs all the time now so we have to carry her. I don't know what I'd do if I saw her in the state your buddy was in. Sending hope and prayers

Nancy

muttmeister

Sorry; the only bad thing about dogs is that they get old too soon. My Tupac is 11; I think in most ways he's healthy but he's fallen a few times. Once while jumping and a couple of times when he gets to the bottom of the stairs. It's hard to see them like that. HOpefully it was a one time thing and he'll be OK for awhile.

buddy

yes, it could be something else for sure....He has a large tumor on his chest that can't be operated on because he is too old and had a bad time with anesthesia the last time he had his teeth worked on, now his teeth are pretty bad (well,he is over 16 and a small dog), and has this tumor which has never been painful to him. He has slowed down a ton in the past year which is fine, I carry him if needed, and he just moves slow. but he eats great and gets all excited even jumping up when we come home still etc. He is totally deaf now and has much lower vision.

The fall was all my fault. I left the basement door open when I brought laundry up, usually I close it. the lights were off and I think he just lost his way. He does choose to go down there sometimes so may have started out that way but obviously didn't make it. The rolling thing was the craziest thing I've ever seen.

He has been awake now and I let him up and he walked just as before the fall. Last night he tried but kept falling. Now he ate and is resting by me as normal again. Gosh, I hope he is ok for a few months at least. I'd just really not like to tell Q his puppy died during the holidays/birthday season. (Q will be 16 in Jan!)

Both dogs are cuddling now. I am going to really watch him closely. Probably going to take him to the vet to check him out anyway.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Positive thoughts he is going to be ok. Am going thru illness issues with my Tills - its heartbreaking when they can't tell you what the problem is

Marcie

Calamity Jane

I was worried about internal bleeding or a possible aneurism, but if he's eating a little and cuddling, it looks like he made it through. Oh, you must've been just beside yourself. Many, many hugs for you and the critters.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
((hugs))

Glad he's doing better and saying a prayer for him.

I've not had falls with the older dogs yet. Molly doesn't go upstairs........so only steps she uses are the front ones. Rowdy has stumbled on the step from the patio, but not quite fallen. It's hard to watch them age. It happens too darn fast. :(

Jody

Buddy,

It's so sad when our pups get older. Sending prayers for Buddy to be okay. He sounds like a sweetie.

DammitJanet

Isnt it funny how so many of us have dogs named Buddy? My Buddy has had two what I think are seizures too. Scared me but they happened two years apart and he seems perfectly fine. I dont have a clue why.