Pop Quiz # 3 A Mother's Choice

susiestar

Roll With It
Star, you have a unique gift to boil it all down to the essential points only. I would stand with you but you just send us to bible class.

PW, this poor family is going down in flames. The child just isn't ready to be moved. How can they prove he needs a lesser level of care? Poor mom. Poor sis. Can the caseworker arrange the in-home supports, or is the State of Texas just determined not to do what the kids really NEED?

(Not a shot at you, absolutely NOT, just frustrated when the gov't steps in and forces decisions that simply are not in good sense or anyone's best interest.)

TL: Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, I'm sure the family would appreciate the positive energy. By the way, from a therapeutic standpoint, I like the whole 10 minute check in thing :).

Star: Umm, Wow, well said. Amen. :). I will suggest mom visit the site for some much needed support.

SS: All the kids in state care are evaluated by an independent agency every 90 days. When they look at each kid, they look at the past 30 day prior to their visit. In Junior's case they looked at December which was a fairly good month for him. So, based on that, they feel he meets criteria for the level decrease. I do think I should point out that his CPS caseworker has done an excellent job since he found out this had happened (and really since he took over Junior's case almost a year ago). He has filed two appeals in addition to the two that the facility that I work for has filed (so far 3 have been denied, one is pending at the state level). The ironic thing is that the level of care review system was put in to keep kids from being kept in locked facilities when they were ready to move on.

I'll keep you posted....