Possible blood test for austism

T

TeDo

Thanks for sharing that. Wouldn't it be nice if it could be 100% reliably tested for so easily? One can only hope....

H

HaoZi

I don't see it ever being 100%. I'm an Aspie and did have a full genetic test and NOTHING out of the ordinary showed up on mine.

InsaneCdn

Well, HaoZi, maybe they just don't know WHERE to look yet... but like you, I highly doubt they will find a 100% definitive test for all types and cases. They will find some, where the results are definitive - so that, for a sub-set of people, they can definitely be ruled as Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)/Aspie by virtue of the test... but if the results are negative, that just means you don't have "that type" of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)/Aspie, so it can't be ruled "out" based on such a test.

H

HaoZi

Personally I'm wondering how they're doing with those MRI scans they were working on a while back as a way to tell. I think it was MRI, anyway. That looked promising, too, but not as early as a blood test.

TerryJ2

Very interesting. I wish they'd get rid of the false positives and get the kinds worked out. This could be a real breakthrough.

TerryJ2

HaoZi, they were collecting more scans. The more, the better. And also, they have to figure out if they unusual scans are definitely because of autism or some other factor. It takes a long time to screen. I'm sure something will be published this summer or autumn. Same thing with-MRIs for bipolar.