Possible break up

newstart

I think this time it may take. My daughter kicked her worthless creep out for about the 4th time. But there seems to be something a bit different with this breakup. My daughter looks like a complete different person, she seems grounded and focused.
Today I had lunch with her and she had a sparkle in her eyes and a sense of focus and moving ahead. I do not want to get too excited because he can talk his way back into her life easily and has several times. This time her words are different, she even said 'We are so toxic for each other'. She has lost 10 lbs already. I slowly watched my daughter hit her worst in the last 6 months. She was the most miserable I have ever seen her. I tried hard not to say anything because I thought my words would prolong the break up. I pray that this is real this time and she can get a real grip in her life. They are truly awful for each other. My daughter is putting all her energy into trying to do the right thing.. So far so good but with bipolar it can take an ugly swing any time. My daughter lives in a neighborhood with tight deed restrictions, he had several junk cars sitting outside. She would get notices on them to get them off the street. He truly junked her entire life up and ours. He had so much junk in her garage that she could not even get her car in there. When my daughter lived alone she kept her place respectable but as soon as he moved in it took a very ugly turn. I told my husband if they get back together I will need to move. I cannot live near such toxitity and it always spills into our home. I want to enjoy these golden years.

Nandina

Newstart, I hope your daughter has finally had enough of this guy. I think as she begins to feel better and better about herself she might just outgrow him and attract more positive relationships.

Our daughter was involved in a toxic relationship that she just couldn’t seem to extricate herself from. My husband and I were concerned she may end up marrying this guy—she was so intent on trying to help him, make him see his potential, etc. etc. and in the meantime, he treated her like dirt. She finally had enough, got him out of her life and later met a nice young man who adores her! It’s so nice to see her happy.

I hope your daughter continues to stay strong and realize that this guy is no good for her.

JMom

Hi Newstart,

That must have felt wonderful to see her sparkle back. I always loved the days I could recognize my kid. Lets pray he stays out and takes his junk with him. I'm rooting for ya!
JMOM

newstart

Found out tonight that my daughter is spending the night with her creepy boyfriend at his place. At least she told me the truth. I have been listening to her tell me how awful he is for the past couple of weeks. She said I know you are not happy. I am so wore out that I don't even have words to how I am feeling.. How can she kick him out, tell me for days what a creep he is then go spend the night with him? I saw that she was making some real progress for the weeks they were broke off. While apart she looked better than she has for a very long time.. I feel used because I have allowed myself to keep getting used. I keep thinking she is going to make the break...then back to him she goes and all the garbage starts from square one again...How can someone that is so intelligent be so stupid.. Oh dear God give me patience.

ksm

Newstart... I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this. I'm kind and of in the same boat with my DGD. Except she just had a baby with her on/off again boyfriend. He has worked 7 weeks in the last year. I get put in the middle. Today has been stressful. I am going to let husband giver her rides to work. I've got to step back. The fact that my 2 month old great grandchild is living with them breaks my heart. There is always so much drama, yelling, cursing.

I will fall asleep exhausted tonight. More emotionally and mentally exhausted. Hugs. Ksm

newstart

Newstart, I hope your daughter has finally had enough of this guy. I think as she begins to feel better and better about herself she might just outgrow him and attract more positive relationships.

Our daughter was involved in a toxic relationship that she just couldn’t seem to extricate herself from. My husband and I were concerned she may end up marrying this guy—she was so intent on trying to help him, make him see his potential, etc. etc. and in the meantime, he treated her like dirt. She finally had enough, got him out of her life and later met a nice young man who adores her! It’s so nice to see her happy.

I hope your daughter continues to stay strong and realize that this guy is no good for her.
Thank you Nandina. I am so glad your daughter has finally met the right person for her. My daughter has had an engagement ring for the past 8 years. I am grateful that they did not marry. I worry that someday she will tell me they just got married, it would be such a mistake for both of them.

newstart

Hi Newstart,

That must have felt wonderful to see her sparkle back. I always loved the days I could recognize my kid. Lets pray he stays out and takes his junk with him. I'm rooting for ya!
JMOM
Thank you Jmom for your continued wonderful support. I always feel so grateful for when I see that sparkle. Hope all is well in your world.