Post football stuff here! our

BusynMember

Go Packers!!!! 3-0 with a youthful Brett Favre at the helm!
I'm really excited about our team this year. I don't expect our kids to keep winning this way, but I do think we have a shot at the playoffs! We need to beat our rival Vikings back to Minnesota :wink:

K

Kjs

I am with you all the way. Have on my lucky Packer socks.
There are many people who don't like Brett. He does try to make things happen...and I almost fall off the chair on EVERY play. but he does make it exciting. He holds all the records.

Way back when he was a nobody..he was signing autographs at a car dealership in Green Bay. I was home with easy child. easy child was young. Took him over there and Brett signed a poster. To easy child..Brett Favre.

easy child has that special poster. We were at my mom's house when the Packers held the first play off game in GB. They asked for volunteers to shovel the stadium. Brought easy child over and he shoveled and got paid $6 hr. They won the superbowl that year...ON easy child's 14th birthday. I took easy child and friends to the parade, and when they finally came..easy child was able to touch the trophy and slap the hands of the players as they rode by in the bus.

Being from GB, and having season tickets my entire life..It is a tradition you grow up with. Good times and bad.

husband is from Pittsburgh...he feels the same about his Steelers. But I make him watch it in another room if Packers/Steelers play.

Sorry for rambling. Packers are my team.

Congrats to Brett Favre for breaking Dan Marino's record last week. If any QB ever comes close, it won't be for a long, long time.
I respect Favre, because he is so talented. But I can't stand the guy. Hate the Packers.

Back in the late 80's, maybe 1990, my Bears were soundly kicking the Packers' behinds. Our QB at the time was Jim McMahon. There was one play where he completed a pass, and a full 5 seconds after the ball left his hand, one of the Packer's came up from behind him and slammed him down onto his bad shoulder. That was such a poor sportsmanlike play, and SUCH a late hit. McMahon was out for I don't know how long.

Did I mention that I was just out of highschool, and crushing on Mcmahon bigtime? The nerve of that guy.

Anyways. Been a bears fan since birth. Never liked the Packers. Packers/Bears rivalry is the OLDEST in the NFL, and one of the biggest.

And your mean ol' defensive end hurt my boyfriend. All the more reason to hate Brett Favre. So there.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well my AFC team is the Oakland Raiders and I hope they trounce Miami.

Kitty it seems today you and I are on opposite sides of the fence for I am a Detroit fan also. My grandfather played on the team that became the Lions many years ago so they are near and dear to my heart. Hope they clobber your bears.

Beth

K

Kjs

BBK - growing up in GB we I believe we were taught to hate the Bears. Love going to those games.

Wow - you were out of high school on that play...I was watching it...with my easy child. I believe it was Charles Martin. That was a bad play. But in all fairness...Bears have had some too.

Jim McMahon---ewwwwwww!!!

What I cannot understand about Bears/Cubs fans is that they are fans as long as they win. When they lose they start ripping on them. That is not a true fan. At some point all teams need to rebuild. Living on the Illinois border, working in Illinois..I just can't take the Bears/Cubs fans. You are either with them or not.

Nancy

<span style='font-size: 26pt'> <span style="color: #FF6600">GO </span> <span style="color: #330000"> BROWNS</span> <span style="color: #FF6600">! </span> <span style="color: #330000">! </span> <span style="color: #FF6600">! </span> <span style="color: #330000"> </span> ! <span style="color: #FF6600">! </span> <span style="color: #330000"> !</span> </span>

Ephchap

Well, living in Michigan, we've not had a pro football team to cheer for some time now. lol. The Detroit Lions have been the weakest of our teams (with hockey, basketball and then baseball doing so great), but this year ... we actually have a team to cheer for! Go Lions ! MrsCatintheHat - I'll join you in the cheerleading section.

As for college teams yesterday, sniffle, sniffle ... I thought the Michigan State Spartans were going to beat Wisconsin. They came so close, but were beat out at the end. I still love my Spartys though! Go Green !

Deb

Kjs,

Aww, come on now! There has been an awful lot of booing lately, due to our coach's refusal to replace our horrible QB. We don't boo our Bears, and we are not fair weather fans. And we got our chance with a new QB today~~

And you will find NOBODY more loyal than a Cubs fan (which I am not). Are you kidding? Cubs are SO bad, and their fans cheer for them year after year after year. The Cubs are a JOKE in the MLB. But I would have to say that their fans are among the most loyal.

Of course, this year, the Cubs clinched the division...by the way, how are the Brewers doing :wink:

I loved McMahon. He was such a bad boy. And Martin MEANT to hurt him.

I love sports too. Especially football.

When everyone else gets the drearies in September, I am just getting my mojo.

I go into my depression in February. The combination of football season ending and my birthday coming is enough to put me in the hospital.

DammitJanet

I love sports too!

BBK, Im with ya on September and Football. I start getting happy when August rolls around and the pre-season games start.

My poor Panthers arent doing too well this year sigh. I also have loved Miami since I was in 5th grade. They will rise again one day. Maybe they can beat Oakland today...lol. I will be rooting for them anyway!

The teams we hate here? The Patriots and Dallas.

Ack! Also hate the Pats.

Brady is such a pretty boy. And how about Belli-cheat?

I don't much care for the Cowboys either. But Romo is on fire.

Ephchap

As I am originally from Boston, I do still love my Pats, though the Michigan teams have my first loyalty.

Big Bad Kitty, you'll have to get interested in hockey or basketball to keep the blues away after football season ends.

I LOVE hockey. To me, it's the most exciting game on earth to watch. Go Red Wings ! :fan: Both my boys played travel hockey, and difficult child even played elite AAA league before his spiral into the depths of drugs. Seeing some of his old teammates and linemates making it into the NHL has certainly made him realize what the drugs cost him. He had a lot of potential. Sigh.

Deb ... who is a true jock - I used to play sports and now I just watch. lol.

I do enjoy Basketball. I had many years of Michael Jordan to watch. He was pure magic. I do love my Bulls. I just can't get into hockey. I'll watch kids play anything though. I love watching kids play sports.

Tink has expressed interest in ice hockey. She would.

meowbunny

<span style="color: #00CCCC"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>GO MIAMI!!!</span></span>

(and I liked Favre until he beat Danny's record)

:rolleyes:

What a crazy game. SO many penalties and reviews. Painful ending. Congrats Deb and Beth. Remember, I said it last week. Lions are the team to beat this year...

I congratulated Favre too early. He only TIED Marino's record last week. He BROKE the record today.

Yay, Brett.

I'm gonna go pout now. And no, you guys can't have Hester.