post -op check up Today

rejectedmom

I saw the doctor today and although I didn't get my staples out (that is scheduled for next tuesday) I don't have to use the sling and ace wrap anymore. I begin therapy on Monday for range of motion. I will be going 3x a week for 4 weeks. Strengthening will not start until three or four weeks out depending on my progress. Hopefully after six weeks I will be released to a home program or possibly, if luck is on my side, will be discharged. The doctor took Xrays again and feels that the joint has not been compromised and is confident that the correct amount of bone was removed and that there will be no instability as a result of the procedure. Finger corordination has shown some improvement also. And best of all...I can shower again!!!! :bravo: That is the good news.

The bad news is that the feeling has not returned even though the swelling has gone down. We knew that might be the case going into surgery but had hoped for the best. So hopefully sensation will slowly return over the next 18 months. Doctor is also very concerned about my negative reaction to the pain killer he prescribed. He is worried about what will happen if I ever need major surgery. Oh well that is a worry for another day if at all.

Once again thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. I am trying to catch up on the board now that I can type again. -RM

TerryJ2

RM, all-in-all, a good report. The numbness may come back. I had surgery last July and the sensation under my arm just returned in March! It came back bit by bit.
So sorry about the anesthesia. There must be other things they can try.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
RM, I just posted to you in PE, wondering how you are doing. I'll cross reference your thread here.

by the way, when I had my hysterectomy I had terrible numbness. It took a very long time for the nerves to heal...but they did. I hope you are as lucky.

Hugs,
Suz

rejectedmom

Dreamer, Terry, Sunny, Wipedout, Suz and Katmom. Thank you for your continued prayers and good wishes. Suz thanks for cross referencing the posts. I do not know how to do those sophisticated things.

I hope everyone has a nice Easter weekend. My daughter is cooking we are bringing the beverages. It should be a nice evening. -RM

rejectedmom

Janet, I type in short bursts. husband and I afe going to try to find a better computer desk for me that has better ergonomics.
but It is good to be able to use both hands if only for a short period at a time. Thanks again for all the prayers. -RM