Pray for a little lumberton boy

DammitJanet

3-year-old found in watery ditch in Lumberton

Posted: Today at 4:28 p.m.
Updated: 21 minutes ago
Lumberton, N.C. — A 3-year-old boy was critically injured Tuesday afternoon when authorities found him under water in a ditch near Lumberton, authorities said.
Investigators with the Robeson County Sheriff's Office initially reported the child,was dead.
The boy wandered away from his Rozier Church Road home at about 11 a.m.
Dozens of people searched the area before finding him in a ditch behind the home filled with about 6 feet of water, authorities said. He was taken to Southeastern Regional Medical Center for treatment.

DammitJanet

Well...now pray for the family and the friends. He has gone to a better place. He was pronounced dead at 6 pm. Bless his little heart.

My heart is just breaking in two. He lived not 4 or 5 miles from Keyana and when one of our board members here alerted me to the fact that a Lumberton Child had been found almost dead in a ditch in that area, well, my heart just stopped. I have no idea if she knew him but she may well have because they are the same age and may well have gone to Head Start together.

The poor family. I simply cannot imagine.

DammitJanet

All we know is that he wandered away from home when his mom went to check the mail. He got lost, fell in the ditch? How he got in there...no one knows or is saying. I dont know. Tragedy, senseless accident. Awful things happen for no reason sometimes. Sometimes toddlers are just really really quick.