Prayers and good thoughts, please. Jody has new name doglover8

Doglover8

Having the lap band surgery tomorrow morning. I am ecspecially nervous because i just had a heart cath done for surgery clearance and the sedation did not work, and when i left out of that surgery room, my whole arm, from thumb to wrist was black and blue. They couldnt get into my artery so tried 5 times and got in on the 6th but the damage was already done and i was hysterical because of the pain. I am not a wuss, it hurt like the dickens. So tomorrow i'll be going in for surgery at 10 am central time. Please think good thoughts for me so that this just goes smoothly. TERRIFIED.

cubsgirl

Good Luck. I would be nervous after that heart cath too. However, one of my good friends just had lap band surgery and she did really well. She said the surgery recovery was "smooth sailing" and she has lost about 80 lbs since June - she looks fantastic. I know surgery is scary but we'll send lots of hugs & prayers.

dstc_99

Good luck! I had the sleeve done about 2.5 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Make sure they know about the issues and get the best anesthesiologist in there to do all the sticks. I had a nurse blow several of my veins during my delivery of difficult child and the anesthesiologist was NOT happy about it. Fussed at me and told me next time to tell the nurse to get him before the nurses started poking around. I almost had to have a IV in a very uncomfortable spot because my veins were all blown.

Californiablonde

Best of luck to you. I will keep you in my prayers. I kinda want gastric bypass surgery but I have no idea how to go about it. I hope everything works out for you.

BusynMember

Good luck. My neighbor had it done and when I saw her again after she'd been in another state for about eight months, I didn't recognize her. She looked like a supermodel.

Take care of yourself and will send good thoughts.

Calamity Jane

Think of it like this...the worst part is over. The lap band surgery will be a piece of cake compared to that. You will have a new lease on life. I'll be praying for you and thinking good thoughts. You're taking charge of your health, and that's a great thing. Keep us posted. Hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

TerryJ2

Best of luck and wishing you a pain-free procedure and quick recovery! I don't know all of the terminology discussed here but I get the general idea. So sorry that it was so painful with the first go-round.
{{hugs}}
Come back and let us know how it goes. :angel::cheerful:

Doglover8

Hey Everybody. Hope you all are doing well. Just an Update. Had my surgery December 2nd. Was easy peasy. Couldnt believe it, didnt even have to take a tylenol and laid on my incisions the night after surgery. SO the really good news, I lost 19 lbs in one week. Lol, cant believe it, but I was weighed on the same scale from one Tuesday to the next. Back at work. glad to be, too much loafing around. I get weighed again next Tuesday and I am anxious to see how much. Lap band has just been put in, but no filling of the band (which is what makes your stomach feel satisfied and full has been done yet. After my stomach heals inside i will have that done on January 12th. Thank you all for the god thoughts, I do appreciate it very much.

Californiablonde

I'm glad the surgery went well for you and congrats on the weight loss. That's great! I am going to my doctor next month to discuss weight loss surgery. I sure hope I qualify.