Prayers and good thoughts, please

tiredmommy

My mother in law was taken to the local ER this evening and is being transferred to our regional hospital for neurologic/brain/stroke care. The ER discovered a slow growing mass on the right side of her brain. It may have been there for years. I'd appreciate any good thoughts and prayers you can muster.

S

Signorina

Adding my well wishes and prayers too. Please let us know how she is doing

tiredmommy

Yes... I'm getting the info second hand, but my understanding is that her tumor is on the right side and toward the front. They are trying to determine if it can be reduced in size through medication or if she requires surgery. They've put her a seizure medication. Thank you for the good thoughts and prayers. We're hanging in there.

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone. They've decided they need to biopsy since the latest CT (with-contrast) shows that the mass is actually rather large. The doctor said it is causing enough pressure so as to "move" other areas of her brain. The family is understandably concerned and stressed at this point. Continued prayers are appreciated.

tiredmommy

Thanks. Another layer to the drama is that my mother died from complications of lung cancer two years ago today and Duckie's birthday is on Friday. Needless to say, Duckie is very worried and is no longer "really" looking forward to her birthday.