Prayers, Bead Rattles Needed

MrsMcNear46

Just a quick post regarding my sweet grandson Lincoln.

Sweet Betsy let Lincoln go visit his other gma in Fl. a month ago, with the agreement she would bring him back to St. Louis June 16th. Last week, gma made the decision that neither Betsy or Scott was a fit parent and said she would NOT bring him back.

Long story short, she was contacted by DCFS,told that she would be charged with kidnapping if she did not return him. Guess she realized she really had no choice, but did decide...If you want him home, come and get him.

I am flying to Ft. Meyers tomorrow afternoon to pick him up...look out. She has always been so horrible to Betsy....guess it boosts the ole ego that she can pick on a 20 yr. old. Needless to say, let her TRY to pick on this warrior mom. I have decided to take the high road and just pick him up and let her know, she can always come to see him in St. Louis, (which will never happen), but he will not be making any more visits to FL.

I am hopeful she will not cause a scene...but prayers and bead rattles that we get home with out an incident would be appreciated.

I am so anxious to see my lil Monkey Buddy. Lets hope all goes well.

Blessings,

Julie

Last edited:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Yikes! I can't believe she kept the baby.
Good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed until you get home.

Andy

Good Luck! Can you ask the authorities in FL to help make this a safe exchange? Since DCFS has been involved, maybe they can have a worker present when you pick up the baby?

I bet you are holding your breathe until this is actually reality. Please let us know ASAP how it went.

Welcome home Lincoln!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry! How very scary for all of you!!! I pray she is taking good care of Lincoln.

Having a DCFS worker or police officer there for the pickup would be an excellent idea. Be SURE to photograph him when you pick him up (as soon as you can after you leave her home) so that if there are any visible signs of abuse you will see it.

It was so kind of your daughter to let her child visit, I hope seh figures out that she will NOT be seeing him much at all from now on!!

Maybe a restraining order to keep her away from the baby would be a good idea. Even if it means the father can't take her to see his mom, well, that was his mom's choice.

Hugs, and prayers and beads a rattlin'!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I agree that having a police officer or local DCFS worker present is a good idea... hope all goes well!