Prayers, beads, crossed fingers and toes

Merris

I got a call yesterday from the victim advocate and she told me that the prosecutor in my son's case wants probation, psychiatric treatment, drug treatment and evaluation. No mention of continued jail time. She asked me what I want as the victim and I said treatment absolutely!

I did the happy dance for about 1/2 hour and then I called attorney. He said that it doesn't sound right because the last time he talked to them they wanted more jail time and maybe the advocate made a mistake. He said I should call him at 8:30 this morning. I am so afraid. The last offer the prosecution made was 2 years in jail, 10 years suspended and 5 years probation. I'm hoping that the prosecutor finally got a chance to read his psychiatric files and realized that difficult child needs help. I'm so afraid they are going to take this relief away.... I pray and hope that this is all true and difficult child will finally get what he needs.

I don't know what kind of psychiatric treatment they want, inpatient or outpatient, but I will find a way to get him whatever treatment he needs and they want. I am tremoring out of control now because I am afraid they will tell me they were wrong. difficult child turns 18 tomorrow. doctor says that they are going to move him to the adult prison and he is terrified that he will be beaten up again or raped.

Please pray, rattle beads, cross your fingers and toes that my difficult child will finally get the help he needs as opposed to sitting in jail, in fear, and not getting any help.

Thank you for being there for me.

gottaloveem

Oh boy, I can imagine you must be a bundle of nerves. Hopefully 8:30 comes fast for you so you can find out.

I hope the victim advocate is right.

I'll be crossing fingers and rattling beads for you and your son.

Sunlight

ant was just turned 18 when he went into the adult prison for the first time. he was put in a cell alone. he was never harmed by the inmates in any way.
even when he was in for two yrs, no one approached him in any sexual way. however, the verbal abuse and stealing of every thing you have is common ... even your tooth brush.

I believe God will intervene for you son and he will get help not jail.

DDD

Merris, any news this morning? I'm thinking, crossing, rattling and praying that the Advocate was correct. DDD

KFld

Sending good thoughts. I hope the information is true because I can tell you are going to be so so dissapointed if they are making a mistake with what they are telling you. let us know as soon as you hear more please.

Merris

Unfortunately, it was a mistake. They are still looking for 2 years with 10 years suspended. I'm totally lost. I kept telling myself that it couldn't be true, but then we always have that little bit of hope, don't we? So it's back to court on the 13th, but it doesn't sound like they are going to change their plans for him.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Merris

KFld

What an awful mistake. I'm so sorry you were allowed to get your hopes so high just to have them pulled out from under you. Hang in there!! You can get through this.

Merris

It's off to court again this morning. Not sure what, if anything is going to happen. I saw difficult child on Sunday and he was not in a good place. He wants them to let him go so he can just go home. That's not going to happen.

Hopefully today I will get a chance to talk to the prosecutor as the victim, not the mom. I don't have a lot of confidence in the victim's advocate after what happened last week.

I pray they will let him go to treatment but I don't know where he would go or how we will pay for it. One thing at a time. My brother is still willing to give me the bail money, but my husband will NOT let him come here. I understand, but it hurts and I wonder what it will take for my family to trust him again. Not even trust, just not be afraid of him. I realize this is a normal reaction - what he did was very bad - but I wonder what will happen that will make them accept him again.

I really don't talk to anyone about it except my sister and my cyber-family. There's nothing anyone can do or say that is going to change this situation. I pray this will get resolved today but I'm pretty sure it won't.

Thanks for listening.

Merris

Sunlight

May God sent the right solutions for your son. May you also have peace today thru this tough spot. (((((HUGS)))) and let us know how it goes. May it exceed your expectations.