Prayers, beads, good thoughts and juju

mstang67chic

Going Green
Picturing various women in various public places, nekkid with dead chicken parts hanging from them..... :rofl:

WhyMeMom.....didn't I see something on the news about that last night??? LOL

Things are better today. Not out of the woods yet but much better than yesterday. She had another heart attack last night and the docs were about
{ } to calling it. They got a pulse and a BiPolar (BP) though and rushed her into the cath lab (they were going to wait till this morning). Amazingly, there are NO blockages but there is damange to the lower part of her left ventrical. I'm not sure if that is because of the heart attacks or caused the attacks. She's now got a temporary pacemaker in place as well as a balloon pump and is doing much better. They were able to take her off the vent earlier today and while extremely sore and hoarse, she's been awake and talking. Er....as awake as you can be all hopped up on morphine that is. (has provided some entertainment)

They still don't have a reason for all of this so that is the next goal. Find out what the heck is going on and then decide how to fix it. They also need to determine what to do about the left ventrical.

I'm back at their house washing sheets, doing dishes and getting ready for the family coming in. My youngest sister was brought back today from Georgia. She had gone down there with her grandparents (step mom's folks) so they are up here again. Everyone seems to be doing ok. With people coming in, we are kind of at various stages of acceptance and up-to-date-ness of information but we're all catching up.

Thanks so much for all the support! I'll update again when I can.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Glad she pulled through the night and will keep her in our prayers for healing and recovery!

Hang in there!

mstang67chic

Going Green
UPDATED WEDNESDAY (at least I THINK it's Wednesday)

M was still awake and talking today but very loopy and saying off the wall things. (some of which will, once she's recovered, go into the book of classic lines in the family lol) They were going to take the balloon pump out but she pretty much wigged out. A plus to that is that we are now 100% sure that the language area of her brain is completely fine. She used a wide variety of words during her meltdown AND in the correct context. :tongue: But as a result, she was sedated again and will be for a couple of days to let her rest. She was also put back on the vent but not because she's having trouble breathing. It was done (along with the sedation) to give her body a break and some solid rest. Even with that, things are progressing and the damaged part of her heart seems to be doing it's job now that it had some assistance from the balloon pump. She's still looking at a MINIMUM of a week's stay so we'll just see where things go from here.

Thanks again so much for all the thoughts and prayers. I will still giggle randomly throughout the day picturing nekkid chicken liver dances.

klmno

These nekkid chicken dances must really work!!

I'm glad to hear that she's holding her own. I can't imagine how you're doing all this. It sounds like she is very fortunate to get to a hospital as quickly as she did- I hope things keep moving in a good direction. HUGS to you...

F

flutterbee

Stang, thanks for the update. Will keep rattling beads and sending good thoughts.

Jo - You could do a nekkid tofu dance.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's really good to hear -- will pray for continued progress and that she goes home in a week without any further complications!

SaraT

Sorry so late with beads and prayers. (Been a heck of a week) Glad M is doing better.

I'd add to the chicken dance, but I'm sure they would put me in the nuthouse lol.

Hugs

trinityroyal

Mstang, thanks for the update and glad to hear that your StepMom is doing so much better.

Keeping on rattling, crossing things and dancing in hopes of a speedy recovery.

Trinity