Prayers for Star and her DF.

rejectedmom

So sorry to hear of this. Prayers will be said for Star and her DF. My brother had a bad accident and had metal rods and screws put in his leg. He suffered for years with it and never could walk without a cane during that time. Finally they determined that he had leasions due to him being allergic to the metal. He had the choice of either having the hardware taken out (which the doctors didn't recommended) or going on immune surpressant drugs (which he didn't want). Long story short he had the hardware taken out, his pain went away, and he was able to walk without a cane. He never regretted his choice. Hoping for as good outcome for Star's DF. -RM

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
Oh man. When it rains it just poors. Good people just should not have to deal with so much, one thing right after another. I pray for DF's quick diagnosis, tx, and recovery. Throwing in some bead rattling and crossing all available body parts. If that doesn't work soon, I guess I will have to do the nekkid chicken dance and I gotta warn ya, it ain't pretty.

As for Star, I'm sending all the support, hugs, good vibes, some extra strength, and a reminder that we're ALL here for her to help her through all this. All humor aside, I'm worried about you Starbie! Take care of yourself.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending many, many, many hugs and prayers to both Star and her wonderful DF. This must be incredibly painful and I truly hope and pray they will not just treat the infections but also aggressively treat the pain. This is beyond awful. I just hate this for them. Sending prayers and good thoughts and healng vibes and doing nekkid chicken liver dances to pray for healing, for infection to respond to medicines, and for both of their sanity.

Tiapet

Old Hand
All my thoughts and prayers you Star your DF. As I said last night to you....ANYTHING you need that I can do, or even if you don't know if I can, ask and I will try to do what I can to assist! I mean it! I also said take care of YOU too as that will be important.

Biggest hugs....

DammitJanet

I am incredibly worried about Star too. I offered to have Cory go down to help her or even go down myself but her dogs wont allow a visitor to just come in and help. There is no way we could do just go down there and stay to be there and just feed her dogs for her and take care of the house to take that off her plate. We might be able to do it for one day but we could never get back in the house...lol. I was so hoping I could just send Cory down to help her for a week or so. I would take him down and drop him off to be of what little help he could be but obviously that wont work.

InsaneCdn

Star... you're spending all your workday helping others, and the rest of your day looking after DF and everything else.

PLEASE don't forget to look after yourself.
DF needs you. We need you. Dude and the rest of that crew need you.

Hang in there.

Sending all the knots i can spare, to add to the end of your rope.

janie

New Zealand
Prayers for a miraculous healing and speedy recovery for your darling DF. Big hugs and support from us all. Xoxo ~ Janie in NZ

TerryJ2

I'm still thinking about you and hoping, Star. At least in hospitals, they have some super duper pain medications. I am sorry. {{hugs}}

Marguerite

It is possible for kidney infection on its own, to cause this level of pain. Add in the systemic infection (sounds like the kidneys are just collateral damage) and no wonder the man is so sick. Here's hoping a combination of dialysis (for now, to give his kidneys a rest) and antibiotics will bring some turnaround. It won't be a fast recovery, though. The accident could have been a factor too, beginning a cascade reaction.

Hang in there, Star. Accept help where you can, you need to look after you now.

mother in law's most recent stint in hospital was due to sudden severe unexplained pain (she was unable to move) which they eventually diagnosed, in hospital, as a kidney infection. She's an ex-nurse, she knows these things but the level of systemic pain took her totally by surprise.

Marg