Prayers for Travis Please

Wiped Out

Staff member
Saying a prayer now and will be adding Travis to my daily prayers. Gentle hugs being sent your way.

nvts

Hi! Sorry if I'm being a pain in the pants, but I can't just sit on my hands!

The mental health resources could be used for the Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) diagnosis (remember: once he's got health insurance, everything should be covered!)

Sleep tonight kiddo, because tomorrow's another day!!!

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thank you for the prayers everyone. This afternoon I kept looking at his hands and at the weight loss and that bottomless pit hit my stomach again. Why does hindsight have to be 20/20? Once I saw the hands and feet, the other symptoms fell into place. I dunno, maybe I didn't want to see it. I just wish he could've been convinced ages ago, but I guess it's hard to convince someone that young when he doesn't "feel" sick. Lord knows we've argued about the need for him to be treated by the neuro and eye doctor just as much.

Beth those contacts are greatly appreciated. I know what I'll be doing wednesday morning. (I have school all day tomorrow) I did find one thru the free clinic link that is in Columbus I want to call. That's not too far from us, only about an hour and a half. If nothing else, maybe they can connect me with someone closer. I don't have much faith in our local MRDD as the director is no fan of mine. Her and I have butted heads in the past. I've never had anything to do with the cp organization as Travis' is mild and I saw no need, so I've no experience with them. You wouldn't believe the backdoors I had to go thru to get him services for the visually impaired. Feel free to PM all you want. I might PM back with some questions too as this stuff starts to get overwhelming for me after a while.

I forget who asked about St. Judes but I think Travis is too old. He'll be 22 come the first week of June.

I have no idea how long welfare will take to get back with us on if they'll give him the card. Hopefully it won't take too long. I think Nichole usually knew within about 6 wks. But then he's got to go in for the appointment to see a caseworker too. Problem is that I don't know how much his "living at home" statis will complicate things, or even if it will. Nichole qualifies because she has Aubrey. (it's complicated)

I just don't know how these symptoms snuck up on me. I'm usually right on the ball when it comes to Travis. I've always had to be. And I did chastise easy child for not speaking up when she began to notice. I keep having to explain to her that since my own brain injury a few years ago I miss things that I normally would pick up on. And school and mother in law stuff also make it more difficult to stay on top of it like I did before. D@mmit I can't help being furious at myself. I really feel like I dropped the ball big time. And this is not something I should've dropped the ball on.

Hugs

F

flutterbee

You have my prayers.

If there is anything I can do let me know. If you end up coming to Columbus, let me know. It's only about 30-45 minutes away from me. I'll be more than happy to come lend a shoulder.

(((hugs)))

dirobb

I am a CD addict
Lisa,
Give you and easy child a break...stop beating yourself up. We cannot undo the past..let it go. I know you will do all you can now. That is what is important.

Sending you hugs and prayers.

slsh

member since 1999
Lisa,

Travis is, as *always*, in my thoughts. I hope you're (he is) able to get him seen ASAP.

Please don't beat yourself up. I think sometimes we don't see the forest for the trees. We are entrenched in the day to day grind and sometimes we miss subtle things until they become really not subtle.

A gentle hug for you and Travis.

FlowerGarden

You and your family are in my prayers. You need to stop beating yourself up over this. Try to focus on the fact that as soon as you noticed the problem worsening, he stopped his denial of being ill and you have been working your hardest to get him the funding and help he needs.

B

butterflydreams

My continued prayers for you and Travis. May God open the paths to get Travis the healthcare that he needs to fight this.

Christy

tiredmommy

Prayers being said that Travis gets the medication care he desperately needs. Is there a cancer treatment center nearby?

'Chelle

Living where I do, I'm at times totally floored by how hard it is for you all to get medical treatment for someone so obviously needing it. My thoughts are with you, and hope that you find treatment for him quickly.

nvts

Hi! Being a pain again!

The following website has locations right in Akron and Cincinnati (don't know if any are close to you).

http://mpdfoundation.org/resources.htm

They are people that also work with the polycythemia vera issues. It's funny, they have locations all over the world, but the 1st two are in Ohio.

Still looking....:crazy1:

Beth