Prayers Needed for Pregnant easy child......and of course that's not all. UGH!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
easy child has been having severe migraines on and off for a couple months. I've been harassing her to get to ob doctor. So she does finally. Medical assistant took her b/p which was just the "high side of normal".......um their medical assistants there STINK at taking b/p's by the way. easy child knows that, but brushed it off cuz it's what she wanted to hear. OB decided these headaches are stress/dehydration related since easy child is still in school full time, working full time...you get the idea. So he gave her vicodine and flexerol to see if that would knock them out. Well, it did at first after a few days.

So.......they came back tenfold. I have still been badgering her to go back and have her b/p done. Nope wouldn't listen to Mom. Although she's an RN herself and should know better. So.....she goes to work today. She works in cardiac care unit, step down unit from intensive care. Not long after she gets there.......she goes into tachycardia.....her pulse soars up to 190/min. Horrifically high. Her coworkers send her down to OB, taking no nonsense from her and call her OB. OB orders blood work and tells easy child she's going no where until he gets that blood work back.

Blood work was ok, so he decides maybe it's dehydration (bull hocky) and sends her home with a heart monitor.

She should never have been allowed out of the d*mn hospital.:mad::mad:

This is what I came home from school to yesterday. So when I went to clinicals today.....I informed my instructor what was going on, told her family was told to call me there if something came up, and that I was going to leave if they did. I made it clear I wasn't asking her permission to do so either. Instructor used to run the OB dept for 20 some yrs. She was really upset they let easy child go home......was even more upset they have no cardiac consult planned yet......and about went off the wall when I told her that easy child's hypothyroidism is being treated by her OB who is also her family doctor cuz she won't go to the endocrinologist.

Her hear rate is down at the moment. But the tachycardia comes and goes. And when easy child is tachy........baby is also tachy and can put both mother and baby into serious distress without much warning. Depending on the cause.......this could kill them both. Dehydration does not cause this, regardless of what OB says. This dehydration crappola is the new buzz word for "we don't know the cause so are telling you this so we don't look stupid". easy child has been drinking like a fish since the headaches started because those were also supposed to be due to dehydration. IF she'd been dehydrated, they'd have taken the time to rehydrate her before letting her go home, which was NOT done. I really hate it when docs do this stuff.

So........yeah. :tongue: Can use some big time board power and prayer for easy child.

And as if that couldn't possibly be enough.....

My Mom calls tonight. She's deep into a psychotic break. LOVELY. Paranoid as all hades. On an emotional rollercoaster due to the paranoia. And there is no one there in the family with the intelligence to know how to handle her or the situation. Did not have any success trying to reason with her on the phone.

People.......am I asking for so much?? All I want is 1 quarter with no overwhelming outside garbage. The stress from school at this point is overwhelming....honestly, I don't need any added in to it.

So prayers for my Mom too......so she doesn't go totally off the deep end causing me to have to travel 2 states to go take care of her.:faint:

OH......and almost forgot........K contacted me last night to tell me Kayla has broken her foot. Seems she slammed it into a metal chair?? But God forbid she take the child to the ER to get it treated.......I mean cuz ya know she does have welfare insurance and doesn't have to pay a dime for it.

Oh, yeah. And people wonder why I'm biting off everyone's heads and growling at people. Gee.......wonder why? :faint: Someone just shoot me and put me out of my misery now please.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sounds scary! Prayers being said for easy child and baby. Also adding in prayers for your mom and you too-I hope school lets up soon as well as everything else. Hugs.

nvts

And I thought I was stressed out! easy child is sounding like a real difficult child! It's time someone tell her the facts of life - it isn't just her life - it's the baby's! She knows the family history - every additional stress that she could be adding unnecessarily to this baby could potentially add to problems down the road. No one knows what definatively causes the problems that our kids have - why would she take a chance at adding problems to her own? She grew up with a difficult child - does she really need to invite problems?

There you go! You can use that lecture - maybe throwing a little bit of what we call "the fear of God" her way might wake her up! Honestly - you don't need this and she knows better!

Now for you? Big hugs, a warm smile, and a cup of tea with something chocolate - you need a break from all of it! I'm praying for your whole load!

Beth

everywoman

Hugs Lisa. It seems unreal that the dr's there are so careless. I hope whatever is causing this is not serious and easy child is better tonight. Hugs---you can do this!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry about easy child and the baby. I hope and pray that everything will be OK. Dehydration has been code for "I haven't got a clue" in OB docsspeak for as long as I have had an OB. If they told her it was dehydration and then sent her home without doing IV fluids it would probably be ruled malpractice in most states. I hope the monitor gives enough info for them to figure it out and fix it easily with no danger to Mommy or Baby. That cardiac consult better happen tomorrow!!!

Many prayers being said!

I am sorry about your mom. It must be so tough to know how sick she is and to have to take care of her. Is there anyone who might step up if you simply cannot go to her? Right now, with your chronic health issues, the stress of school and the messed up clinical days, Nichole's recent problems, and easy child and the baby having problems, not to mention how tight everyone's $$ is, I don't see how you COULD go to your mom. Maybe if you called social services where she is, or elder care there they could help? If the people around her will not help her, and she needs care, you could call in an anonymous report of elder neglect. That would get some services in place to help her with-o you having to be there. Don't you have other siblings? Maybe it is time for you to leave this to them.

Did I understand you correctly that Kayla's foot is broken and they will not get medical attention for her?? Even though they have free ER care through medicaid???

If this is true you MUST report this to Child Protection. If they are avoiding the ER then they have been there either drug seeking or for the kids often enough that another visit will trigger problems and questions. This is really over the top. The metal chair story does NOT sound like the truth.

So many problems on your shoulders. You should be Atlas' Mom, not Hound Dog. Make sure that you are taking care of yourself the best you can. Don't forget those vitamins!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie K chatted with me on fb tonight. She said she did take Kayla to the ER over the foot. doctor supposedly told her the xray showed it was fractured. They ace bandaged it and sent her home with no pain medications, no crutches, not even a boot thing to wear to walk. Now I have 2 issues with this......ER doctor is an idiot to top idiots (cuz no ortho consult was made either) or K is lying about taking her. And I have no idea which way it is.:tongue: But actually am leaning more toward the latter due to past behavior. But I stressed big time to her tonight all the reasons the child needs to have that foot cared for properly. I have to say I don't get much but attitude from their CPS due probably to the fact that I'm located in another state. Which I do understand their point to some extent. sigh

And then of course she informs me they're getting ready to head off to St Louis. So.........am wondering if perhaps there is already a CPS case going on due to teachers/school nurse. ugh

Then there is also the fact that I'm having fluid retention issues that keep driving my own b/p dangerously high. (which I'm sure the stress is not helping a bit)

Unfortunately there is no one back home to watch over Mom. Family is a huge part of the problem.....far from the solution. And she wouldn't accept outside help due to the paranoia. I'm attempting to get her to either come here (God help me!) or go to stay with my sister in Texas (who has set up a room for her). But also due to the paranoia......she's not taking to that idea right at the moment. And I just don't have the time to work with her right now.

Only good little bright spot? Our clinical issue is fixed. DON decided an extra project would be enough to make up the lost hours. We're doing 3 huge sets of exams that the questions come straight off the state board.:tongue: I just thank god it's not for a grade. But have been surprised that I answer a vast majority of the questions right, including pharm. (that last part is shocking me lol)

DammitJanet

Not meaning to jump in to docs defense but..when they have broken kids bones especially, they tend to wrap them around a soft bandage first and then refer the patient to the ortho for further treatment. That gives time for the break to be completely read on the xray, swell and go down as much as it will, and time for the doctor to actually see it closely.

Hailies break which was pretty darned bad happened on NY Eve and trust me, we couldnt find a Ortho on NY Day to save our lives...lol. It happened Thursday and she didnt get in to a doctor until Monday.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I know Janet. been there done that myself. But they gave her nothing for pain, no crutches......just seems wrong. Kayla is 10 (june 5) not a toddler that can be easily carried around. And no ortho appointment was made or even mentioned that it was needed.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sending prayers that the drama resolves with a good outcome for all! Yikes, you have waaaay too much on your mind these days! :sick:

busywend

For all you know Kayla never even got hurt - the lies!

Let someone else worry about your mom.

You focus on easy child and the baby!

Sending out prayers for all of them! And you too!!

crazymama30

I hope that k is just trying to yank your chain, and that Kayla is not hurt or just bumped her foot. I know you want to save those kiddos, but concentrate on where you can help, easy child and the new baby. I hope all is ok. Positive thoughts coming your way.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Hugs. I hope things get better. My Youngest has some significant pregnancy issues right now, as well. She also gets headaches since being pregnant, although her blood pressure is usually low, not high. She's heard the dehydration story, too. Pfffft.

Poor little Kayla. Hope her foot heals quckly.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
FWIW, that's how they sent Wee home with his foot fracture after a night in PICU. His only limitation was no gymnastics for 30 day.

Hugs and prayers for all.