Prayers needed

KFld

I always seem to find my way back here when I have tragedy in my life, because I know I can always count on all of you for so much hope!!
My daughters 18 year old boyfriend was in a car accident last Friday and remains in critical, but stable condition. They had to remove a blod clot from his brain, he has 3 fractured vertebrae in his neck and a broken arm. They have him in a medically indused coma and will start bringing him out of it in the next few days. The neuro surgeon is very hopefull from his progress that he will have a 90-100% change of full recovery :)

My daughter has been by his side 24/7 and he squeezes her hand when she asks if he can hear her :) We are very hopefull, but all the prayers we can get are helpful.

Thanks in advance. I know I can always count on my old pals here!!

By the way, difficult child/easy child is still doing well :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hi Karen. Prayers going up. I hope he does well as they bring him out of it. Sounds good that the neuro is so optomistic.

((hugs))

Star*

call 911........call 911
But of course you come back here - we are fantastic support.....

Prayers already gone! I like that the surgeon is optomistic!

Keep us updated.

Good to see you, but sorry under such awful circumstances.

B

bran155

I am so sorry. Your poor daughter. :( She must be a wreck!!!

I will definitely keep him in my prayers.

Glad your kids are doing well. :)

DDD

You've got it, my friend. So sorry. I know the stress well and it really does like there is good reason to be optimistic. Hugs. DDD

trinityroyal

Saying prayers,and sending support to all of you. It is good that the neuro is hopeful.

And it is good to see you, but such sad circumstances.
Many gentle hugs to all
Trinity

KFld

Thanks everyone. I knew I could count on you guys. There hasn't been much change and my daughter is really feeling the strain of the unknown. I just talked to her and they are sending him for a cerebral angiogram. I'm assuming they are making sure there is nothing else going on before they close his skull back up.
I hoping within the next few days they'll start taking him out of the coma because I know she will feel so much better once he's awake.

I'll keep you guys posted.

TerryJ2

Oh, Karen, that's awful. So frightening.
I am heartened by the neurosurgeon's hopeful statement, despite the blood clot and severity of the trauma.
If he can feel your daughter squeeze his hand, then he's not paralyzed, right? Even with-the fractured cervical vertebrae?
I'm sending healing wishes ...