Prayers needed

Wiped Out

Staff member
My dad called today with what he said was bad news and good news.

The bad news being that he has prostate cancer. The good news being he is having Cryotherapy on Wednesday and it has a 95% success rate when the cancer is caught early like his. It's an outpatient thing where they freeze and basically kill off the prostrate.

If you wouldn't mind saying some prayers or having good thoughts that he is in the 95% it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Praying 100% that he'll be in that 95% - for sure.

And sending an extra little prayer for you and your family to be brave.

Hugs

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sending many hugs and good wishes for your dad. Life just never goes smoothly. So many ups and downs.

BusynMember

You have my prayers! And some encouragement too--my father, who is 85 and still dances and picks up women :D--had that too and is fine now.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying a prayer. Good for your dad for doing something about it. Believe it or not many men choose to ignore the issue until it's too late to do anything. My Mom's late husband for one.

Hope it is wonderfully successful.

Hugs

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon,

Many prayers for your father ~ for strength during the upcoming treatments & for a calm mind to help the healing process.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thank you everyone, the good thoughts and prayers are much appreciated. Dad is 71 years young and is a wonderful person. I really am thinking he'll be o.k.95% success rate is pretty good. When I know more I'll post-again thanks to all!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Lots of prayers from me, too.

father in law is a survivor, just got his 5-year-clean certification!!! This is actually a good thing, caught early it's easy to eradicate.

If he needs anything - support, someone unrelated to talk to, the American Cancer Society has a really good staff. I'll PM you the #.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hugs, Sharon. My dad had the same procedure about 2 years ago. He's totally fine now. My thoughts will be with your family.

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
Good thoughts galore going out. Glad he's doing that and not radiation....I've seen and heard too many bad things about that course of treatment. (Each person reacts different to treatment, I know, but still glad to hear it's not that.)