Prayers please for Coworker / friend who lost her son

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
A coworker of mine lost her son in an explosion / fire at his Dad's house near Columbus thurs overnight. She was called away from the line right before last break. He was only 15 yrs old, visiting his dad. Suspected meth lab in the garage pending investigation. Breaks my heart as his mom is "good people" all the way around. Her world must be shattered, I know she is utterly devastated. I've yet to find an address to send a card/flowers. But I signed the online guestbook for the funeral home. I didn't know her long, but she was my friend. I don't she will return to work after this.

Please send good thoughts and prayers to this mom and her family. I'm fighting off tears just typing this. Breaks my heart. :(

Jody

Oh my goodness, that is so sad Lisa. I am so sorry that is so terrible. We had a 15 year old die in our city yesterday too, young man, he was skateboarding and crashed into a wall without a helmet. I feel so badly for these families, I cannot imagine. I hope I never have to find out.

Nancy

How tragic. We have had several of these meth lab explosions lately. Did the dad die too? I hate drugs. I'm sorry for her loss.

Kathy813

Staff member
That is so sad, Lisa. I can't imagine what your coworker is going through. Add me to the list sending caring thoughts.

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
As far as I know the Dad is fine. I'm not sure if he sustained injuries or not, though.

I'm determined to hunt down an address (even if I have to use the funeral home) so I can buy a nice card and have the other workers from the line sign it and get it to her. We all feel terrible and I'd like her to know we're thinking of her and praying for her and her family.

DammitJanet

Im praying too.

Lisa, if you cant find an address easily what you could do is get the card and have everyone sign it then take it to human resources and have them mail it. They would obviously have her address. Im sure if you gave them the card in an envelope with a stamp on it, they would address it and stick it in outgoing mail.

svengandhi

Janet is right. That's the standard practice at my company. We're not allowed access to coworker's addresses. Far cry from my first job where the office manager had a box with index cards of everyone's full name, address, phone number, date of birth, etc. right on her desk and we were allowed to look up stuff. Herr, all cards, etc. go through HR.

As for the boy, I can't even wrap my head around that. So much pity for the poor mom.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
There is an update to this story and I'm glad it isn't what investigators originally suspected or hinted at.

Fire started as an electrical fire......the explosion occurred when flame reached flammables in the garage, fire started in the garage. The son was in his room, which was located directly above the garage. The Dad attempted to go up for him but couldn't get past the flames to reach him, he was burned in the process.

Still horrific, but at least it wasn't a drug related tragedy.

twintroubles

Oh man. That is so tragic!! I was at a friends house a few days ago when the house next door caught on fire... It went up in flames so fast it was so scary!! I shall say a prayer for the boys family :(