Prayers please

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Thank you for all your prayers and warm wishes.

We're ok, everyone I know is ok. We don't know anything about our homes yet. Still strict evacuation orders in place. Unusual high winds exacerbating the already drastic situation. Many have lost everything. I've never seen devastation like this in my lifetime. My heart is broken for my community. It's surreal. You just cannot wrap your head around it. Destruction everywhere.

Please continue to pray, we are not even close to being out of the woods yet, with more high winds expected tonight and tomorrow.

Thank you all. God bless.

Lil

Watched this on the news today and thought of you. As horrible as the loss of everything is, having you and your loved ones safe is worth so much more! Praying for you all.

Kalahou

Following along with you RE and with all the news. I'm thankful for your safety and protection. I learned yesterday that a friend's mother in Santa Rosa lost everything / leveled by fire, but she herself is safe.

In viewing pictures /news of the California fires, it brought to mind a National Forestry firefighter that I sat beside on a flight in July, who was flying to an assignment to fight the Craig CO fire, after having just fought a different fire in the days before in another state. Now I 'm remembering him and wonder if he is there in California with these current fires. I pray for him also and the other fire crews.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Fires continue to rage all around our home. As of yesterday our home was intact, but fires broke out very near early this morning, so we don't know. We are still not permitted to go anywhere near our neighborhood. All of Sonoma County is devastated, I've never seen anything like it.

Please continue your prayers, so many have lost so much. Thank you.

Here is the latest info.

LIVE UPDATES: Mandatory evacuation order Saturday morning for east Sonoma, Highway 12 in Santa Rosa; fire toll 35 | The Press Democrat -
LIVE UPDATES: Mandatory evacuation order Saturday morning for east Sonoma, Highway 12 in Santa Rosa; fire toll 35 | The Press Democrat -