Praying for the best

T Rene'

Today I sent my Son a message just for my own sake .... The response I got I totally expected :( Because I called the Law for a wellness ck on him for threatening himself ... & THE OFFICER DID TAKE HIS PISTOL ... He tells me He Is not my Son anymore ! Its just a heartache . Wat to do Other than Not talk to him at all One Day I hope he comes back to the Son I luv & miss

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Your pain is felt..and I know you feel a bit crippled.

But, he really isn't your son anymore. His illness or drugs has taken that boy from you. He is lost...we don't ever know what can bring him back.

I don't know your faith...but one day God pushed me in the chest and reminded me...he's his son..and this was his plan. It resonates with me, we are not in control.

Get some help so you can feel and enjoy life...it is for the living.

Hugs
Mof

T Rene'

Your pain is felt..and I know you feel a bit crippled.

But, he really isn't your son anymore. His illness or drugs has taken that boy from you. He is lost...we don't ever know what can bring him back.

I don't know your faith...but one day God pushed me in the chest and reminded me...he's his son..and this was his plan. It resonates with me, we are not in control.

Get some help so you can feel and enjoy life...it is for the living.

Hugs
Mof
Thank u so very much ...I agree fully Hugs to u :)

jetsam

For quite some time i have known my son is not the same boy he used to be. I kept trying to change him by whatever tactics i thought i could use...silly me! I am learning, very slowly mind you, that my enabling ways do not do anything positive and just make it worse! I know i need to give it up to my higher power...sooo hard, but obviously he can do a much better job than i have done so far. "give it up and give it to god" thats how I'm trying to look at it. Hugs to all

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
Giving it up is hard when we can be so stubborn...

But to know that it's not all us...it's comforting.

Blessings jetsam

Nancy

You did the right thing, you may have saved his life or the life of someone else. They don't know what they are saying when they use drugs, it is not them. My daughter would deny to her death if I told her the things she said to me when she was doing drugs.

He may have forgotten he even said that to you. He may call you tomorrow and pretend all is well, even knowing he said that. Our kids say things off the cuff like that and have no idea how painful their words are to us. It means nothing to them. I am truly so sorry, I've felt that pain.

My own husband once told a life changing thing when I was freaking out and so upset, "He's either gonna make it or he's not, and there's nothing you can do about it." He's right, that one statement freed me forever.

My difficult child came back to me. I had a restraining order against him and didn't set eyes on him for 2 years. He got it together because I didn't help him in any way. He had no one to blame. He fixed it. He thanks me even for doing that. I know your hurt, wishing you peace tonight.

BusynMember

My daughter thanks me for doing nothing as well. I think it is a mistake to try to "help" them get on their feet. I think it just makes them more dependent and ungrateful and MORE likely to go back to drugs since they see us as a rescue who won't let them hit the rock bottom.

On the other hand, some parents just can't do it, and every young adult is different too. Can't really judge anyone...we do what we do out of love.

T Rene'

You did the right thing, you may have saved his life or the life of someone else. They don't know what they are saying when they use drugs, it is not them. My daughter would deny to her death if I told her the things she said to me when she was doing drugs.
Thank you so much :) u r exactly right too ! Mine denys thgs he has said & at the same time lives in such a confused world :(( So hard to understand

worried sick mother

You definitely did the right thing, it's so good they took his gun, that should bring you a little peace. I wouldn't worry too much about him saying he's not your son anymore, that won't last, he's just mad. I agree with everyone else to turn it over to God. I know how hard that is to do. Sending you hugs!