Pre-school nerves, moon phase or what?? vent

Tezzie

I don't know what it is but both difficult child & easy child/difficult child have been snotty, obnoxious, nasty, negative buggers for the last 2 days. School for us doesn't start until after Labor Day but swim practice is done, chores from Mom are minimal & boredom may be setting in.

I swear, difficult child hasn't had a positive comment out of his mouth in 2 days. easy child/difficult child, who generally is a easy child is just as big a pain as difficult child.

This on top of the fact that we just got 8 inches of rain this weekend & are forecast for rain every day this week.

Anyone else seeing their kids' obnoxious meters jacked up several notches? School can't start soon enough for me.

Tezzie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Tezzie

The days before school started were always the worst around here. Summer boredom had set in and my kids were always restless. Even Nichole who hated school was always more than ready to go back by the time late August rolled around.

One reason I used to do the "happy dance" :dance: as I watched them walk out the door. :rofl:

Our schools start in Aug, but then the kids get a whole week out for the county fair 2 weeks later. How bright is that?? :hammer:

hugs

nvts

I say it's "or what". We've had 3 days of rain, and I got so desperate, I let them play outside on the deck in the rain. It's raining again today, so I've decided to drive myself nuts by taking them bowling. Of course I haven't told them yet, but Pizza Hut has a special going on ($$'s are tight!) and bowling for the 3 of them is only about $10 bucks so...

I'll let you know if it helps. We're definately on the page of "bored off their gourds" time. :grin:

We don't start school until after labor day also. Hmmmm, it seems to me that those who labor the hardest (Moms) STILL don't get a day off (bbq's, family invading, prepping for the 1st day of school, referee, you name it!) :crazy:

Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?

Beth

Oh Tezzie,

It's got to be a combinations of nerves due to school starting and the midwest weather.

Take a gander at my post, "Please someone be online". As you can see, I've had a rough couple days as well. I'm ready to have mine swim the Chicago River to burn off some energy.

Hang in there, sending good juju your way.

nvts

psssssttttt! I've got to tell you - my biggest difficult child today is my husband!

aaaaggggghhhh! :grrr:

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's probably a combo of the rain and summer boredom setting in. I live in Wisconsin too and I'm fed up with the rain!!!! I also hate the law that says we can't start school til after Labor Day!

SRL

Tezzie

Our schools start in Aug, but then the kids get a whole week out for the county fair 2 weeks later. How bright is that?? :hammer:

hugs

Now that's a new one. I bet the teachers are thrilled with that schedule.;-)

We have a huge 4-H program here (1300+ students) and that week used to be protected from school activities...but these days things like mandatory band camp and girl's softball are on the schedule.