Preggie Pops (Morning Sickness)

nvts

Hi! For those of you who have family dealing with morning sickness, here's a new one I've come across.

They're called preggie pops and supposedly stop the nausea and vomiting.

If anyone tries them, let me know!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wonder if you can freeze pedialite with some phenegran or emitrol in them?

:sick:

I'm sorry you are barfy

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
As someone who has "short bowel syndrome" courtesy of losing several feet of gangrenous small intestine to an obstruction, I am a serious puker and get "barfy" very easily.

I also get dehydrated very easily as I don't have the usual absorbption system in place (and can't concentrate my urine due to kidney failure when I was in the hospital trying to croak from the bowel thing and the surgery.

Pedialyte actually makes "freeze-pops" that should be available in drug stores like CVS and Walgreen's.

They seem to stay down when nothing else will, which is surprising as I wouldn't describe them as tasty by a long shot.

Pedialyte or the generic equivalent can be frozen in those "pop maker" holders as well.

You can do this with gatorade as well, but my gastrodoc advises diluting gatorade by half as otherwise the sugar in it can aggravate nausea.

dreamer

I saw some (several kinds) of preggie pops BEFORE easy child was preg, LOL....some were freezer pops, and some were lollypops. I did not buy them at the time, and now do not see them, but that could be becuz this last couple/few weeks, I havve not been out to any stores really, so busy with easy child and her preg and her puking, :-(
BUT I had frozen some gatorade, and yes, our OB gyne also recommended diluting it half and half with water for that reason, as well....Gatorade is so much cheaper than Pedialyte etc (and available is SO many flavors) and my kids ALL like it.....and it goes on sale for great prices here, so we have had gatorade popsickles, and now this week even more of them. Seems to me when I saw the preggie pops they might have been on the costly side? BUT I also thought hey if they help- then they might be worth it.

Now heres the funny part....go ahead and LOL at me. I have never even tasted Gatorade at all. (I have always drank water, coffee-decaf or milk) Add to my never have- I hate gummies, tried ONE one time and now I never eat gummy anything....I have never tried fruit snacks, they remind me of gummies. One of PCs friends when she was preg, could not tolerate the prenatal vitamins, so her ob gyne switched her over to gummy vites, LOL. with a kicker of folic acid. seperate.
How about ginger ale freezer pops?
OR......does anyone have a um slushie maker? we have an ice shaver thing, and I have also tried to concoct vairous things for easy child useing that....slushies or snow cones or crushed ice concoctions might be good, too. Hey, I have a slight complaint, shaved ice melts SO fast when you add flavor to it, evenn if you get the flavor really cold and the thing jams up easy......I am wondering how the slushie maker does?)

Later this week, we are again supposed to get very hot and humid and with the air broken and PCs frailty....I am planning ahead with LOTS of various frozen things, hoping to give her something she can keep down. (side note, today was not as good as yesterday but not anywhere near as bad as the last 3 weeks, YAY yesterday was amazeing, the brat deided she wanted PIZZA......and I let her have one peice with just cheese and goodness sake, it STAYED! today she had chicken soup and nope, no good, :-( BUT the gatorade IS staying most of the time today. YAY)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok. Corner time for me. I can't imagine being preggo.:bag:

BUT, I wish you well, and a very happy baby.

Abbey

Lothlorien

Ginger chews might help with morning sickness as well. You can usually find them in the health food stores. If you can't, let me know and I'll look up the web site. I think it's called the ginger people or something like that. They are chewy and spicy and help when I have a funky stomach. You can melt them in hot water and drink as a tea, as well.

You can also get REAL gingerale at the health food store. Don't bother with the stuff in the grocery stores, there is very little, if any at all, ginger in those gingerales.

nvts

I am planning ahead with LOTS of various frozen things, hoping to give her something she can keep down. (side note, today was not as good as yesterday but not anywhere near as bad as the last 3 weeks, YAY yesterday was amazeing, the brat deided she wanted PIZZA......and I let her have one peice with just cheese and goodness sake, it STAYED! today she had chicken soup and nope, no good, :-( BUT the gatorade IS staying most of the time today. YAY)

Oh that is SOOOO funny! My husband is ready to KILL ME! He offered to cook because everytime I stood up "Junior Mint" (that's the code word for the lil' bugger - remember no one knows I'm preggo!), would do a back flip while holding onto the inside of my belly button and I thought I'd lose it. I lost it when I smelled him cooking.

I came downstairs while they were all eating and I wanted a slice of pizza so bad that I thought I would gnaw through the front door to get one!

I've never really had a.m. sickness before, so all of this is new to me. The only time I had a problem was with difficult child 3, I couldn't walk past the meat counter in Waldbaums (not one of our cleaner food stores), because I could "smell" the raw chicken. By the time I had her, I couldn't even walk into that store because I would be sick to my stomach within 5 mins. of getting there!

Thanks for the tips!

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I never puked from morning sickness, but if too much time had passed between meals, I became seriously nauseous and had to shove something into my face or else. I ate 3 servings of oatmeal every morning and a slice of pizza EVERDAY on my way home from work when I was preggo with easy child, followed by an italian ice (as only a NY pizza joint can serve up) and then tacos 4x a week. It was bad and a I gained a ton of weight. With difficult child, I ate almost nothing, had no cravings but the smell of certain food made me so ill, I just couldn't eat. Chicken, which was my all time fave, gave me the shivers to even think about eating it. Ugh. Anyway...

My friend uses those pedialyte freezer pops for her daughter - everytime the kid has surgery she gets a case of nausea and those help her keep hydrated.

Abbey

Spork Queen
JoG...3 servings of oatmeal??? My gosh. I wouldn't be able to get off the chair. Tacos? Now that's another story. ;) In fact, it's 5am and I want one now. Is Taco Bell open?

I gained only 18 lbs. with the oldest. I looked like I had a very small bowling ball in me.

But, (should insert a BIG Booty here) more than 80 with another. I told the doctor that I'd fire him if he weighed me one more time. This was only at 7 months, mind you.

I guess that is when I decided to have my tubes tied. I got a 2 for 1 deal!! Birthing services and tubes done at the same time. It's almost like a drive through.

Gosh darn it all...now you have me thinking about food, Jo. I suppose Olive Garden is not open at this hour. Shoot.

Abbey

dreamer

GInger, I have fresh ginger on hand, have been useing it myself often (daily) in various ways. I have also made ginger tea and grated it into club soda.....I use it for its antiinflammotry properties. sadly easy child hates ginger....but I keep trying. Hopefully something will stay in her. I was very surprised the pizza did since nothing at all had stayed down at all in so long, that was the first thing to stay in 3 weeks. bummer, it was also the last.

SHe works (cashier) in grocery store and they have the fried chicken and rotisserie chickens. She has not been to work in approx 10 days now, docs order, but...while she normally LOVES the rotisserie chicken, nope, she waas not coping with the smell of it - the other day she called out MOM, they ordered in pizza 4 doors down. Um, easy child, how do you know? Mom, I could smell it so I looked out window. she said at work 4 aisles down from her when they restocked the tic tacs, she could smell tic tacs. LOL, I cannot smell a tic tac if it is under my nose.

My best friend used to work in a meat processing plant when she was preg....and yes, she had semi serious morning sickness, too, but needed her job. I felt so sorry for her.
I was lucky, I was waitress with difficult child pregnancy and was fine, altho I LOST 80 pounds. With my son I was a nurses aide in a nurseing home, did not lose weight, but did not gain, either, but I did sprain my back. I never had morning sickness AT ALL. Only my son my 3rd child, even made me LOOK preg at all.......

I was thinking about the shaved ice. I finally began to freeze the juice I wanted to have for flavor and shave THAT instead of ice made from water, becuz if I shaved ice, it would melt when I added flavor. In hindsight, I wish I had gotten a snow cone maker instead of an ice shaver. LOL.