Preggo - Week 19

nvts

Hey! Haven't given an update in a while. Sorry I've not been around, I'm raising h-e- double hockey sticks here because there's a group of ignoramus's fighting against a group home to be set up a few blocks from here - and here's why: it's for Developmentally Disabled adult males.

I just LOVE that Develpmentally Disabled is the last true prejudice that can be openly expressed in this day and age.

Anyway: the "Junion Mint" seems to be just fine. My next sonograms are on the 17th and the 19th. The first is with the high risk guy and the second is with the obstetrician.

At my last visit with the OB (remember: he delivered all three of the difficult child's so I'm really comfortable with him), he was slightly concerned that my legs keep swelling up. He did the sono, the heartbeat was strong, everything looked like it was in it's proper order. So he sits down at his desk, I sit down in the chair next to the desk and he's sort of talking to himself out loud. "Everything looks fantastic, I just have to figure out where the placenta is." I get a smirk on my face and in a really serious voice, "I read once that we keep them in our uterus."

He's still looking at the chart and says "I know it's in the uterus! But,..." and then he looks up and I'm in stitches.

My OB called me a "wise-:censored2:"!!!!

Talk to you all soon! ;)

Beth

crazymama30

Better in the uterus than a suitcase!!! His response was great, he was actually going to answer you?? I am glad you are feeling good and hope you continue to feel well.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
He was probably more relieved by your snarky remark than you'll ever know. Sometimes these Docs really have to have thier funny bones checked for defects. Good for you that you can joke around with your Dr. :tongue:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Ah, love it. I see the hormones have sharpened your wit!!!! Glad things are going well and I have the swelling ankles/legs too (but NO pregnancy!). Put legs up when you can and keep walking......

klmno

I'm so glad to hear that Junion mint is still hanging in there (figuratively and literally)! This sounds very promising that all will go smoothly and everything will be fine- you have a good relationship with the dr and you sound upbeat and happy! I'm happy for you!!

DammitJanet

Wow...half way there already! Hmmm...this sonogram ought to tell us the sex right? LOL. Then Junior Mint can start the naming contest on here. Little JM just doesnt have a clue all the fuss being made on the board over him/her!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow -- can't believe you're nearly half-way done baking already! Hope you're feeling well and still somewhat energetic.

On my third kiddo my legs swelled the most. Not sure if it had to do with my overall weight (highest of the three pregs) or my age or my kidneys or what. It did give me an excuse to rest more!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Half-way done baking...that is priceless. Now toss in Junior Mint.

I'm so glad everthing is going good. Before you know it, there will be little mini mints coming out. ;)

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow. You're about a week behind easy child, and I thought her pregnancy is going fast. Love that you slipped the doctor a fast one. ;) :rofl:

Glad you hear the heartbeat is nice and strong.

We're trying to figure out why easy child is so huge. It's not weight gain. She's not put on that much, actually not much at all. And it's not swelling.....it's right smack in the belly. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is saying it's twins. lol easy child says no. And there has only been one heartbeat heard. But then I remind her of my cousin.......A single heart beat all the way thru, single baby on ultrasound........and TWINS. :rofl: One was hiding behind the other.

And wouldn't ya know the month she got pregnant is the month she took the medication to "help" her ovulate. So? Who knows? lol

As for the group home.....that stinks. We have one right across the alley. You'd never know it except you can watch them getting on and off the bus for their "school/work". Correction....now there are two. They opened another next door. I was going to see if Travis could live there, but he's really too high functioning to fit in. (imagine lol)

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW - halfway done!! That is just about when I found out I was having Wiz (I found out at 16 weeks! HAd been told there was 99.6% chance I couldn't concieve a child OR carry it to term!! So I never even suspected it. BUT my DAD KNEW!! HE was a Jr High teacher, mom hadn't told him that they said I couldnt' have kids and he wondered for 2 MONTHS why I didn't say anything. I could have SMACKED HIM!!! I still wonder why he didn't say anything to me.)

Anyway, I am glad things seem to be going OK and that you have an OB you are comfortable with. That is a HUGE plus!

Keep us updated on Jr Mint's progress!

Keep advocating for the Dev Disabled house. I hate that people are so prejudiced.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OUTRAGED! Junior is a PRINCESS........NOT A PRINCE - SHE IS A PRINCESs.....

Yesh she is ..........and shes beautiful.......yesh her is.......pretty princess....and her Aunti Star wuvs her.......

SHE IS A GIRL!!!!!!!!and easy child

And just in case (sigh)

Okay Prince Mint .......You are a handsome boy ......YESH YOU ARE YES YOU ARE, and YOUR AUNTI STAR LOVES YOU VERY MUCH.

Seriously ARE you going to keep us wondering!

nvts

Star, I still don't know what the little goomer is! If he/she's not playing "no peekie" on the sonograms, we should be able to tell what we've go a brewin' in there on the 17th or 19th.

As we get closer to then, I'll put up a thread asking if people want me to tell, or let them guess, or what! ;)

Honestly, I truly don't know what we've got going on there, but everytime I log in to the site, I tell the bugger that we're going to visit its cyber aunties!

Beth

DammitJanet

Well tell lil JM to keep the hands wide away from the privates on that day and open the legs for all the world to see! That is the one day in its entire life that we want NO MODESTY!!! Stick it on out there for the whole world to see kiddo...lol. We want to see a "Coo Coo" or a "Wee wee" sticking on our there....lmao.

F

flutterbee

Half way done? Shouldn't s/he be turned over to cook on the other side?

It's gone fast. Wow. Hard to believe. You know, before you go to the hospital in labor, you'll have to post and let us know. Breathe hee hee hee...post...breathe hee hee hee....post. You'll be just fine.

Oh...and we want sonogram pictures, too.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I was so embarassed at work the other day. The woman, the only other one that survived the ever important manager at a grocery store training with me, and was working in tandem with me that night (this has got to be the worst run on sentence ever...see my life?)...I digress.

ANYWAYS...

We're trading places every 10 minutes to practice the age old art of checking groceries. It's highly refined and ONLY for those over 16. Every time she'd say, "Scuze me...it's getting tougher to get by." Me being the absolute genious didn't pick up on that.

Finally, breaking one of the top 10 rules you NEVER say to another woman, I said, "Are you pregnant?"

Yep...7 1/2 months.

7 1/2 months? What do you have in there...a lemon or something?

Now I know why she fainted 3 days ago while bagging flipping sodas all day long. I called for a FEMALE manager to help. Guy on the phone: Why do you need a female? I just do dip sh!t. I thought she just got dehydrated or something. Now I know.

I know I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack. But, eventually, I DO turn on. Really. Ok...where is the switch?

Abbey

DammitJanet

Yes tell Daddy to take Laptop and camera into the delivery room. Snap a picture, post! Breathe! LMAO.

The docs will think you are insane.

Star*

call 911........call 911
:surprise::surprise:

MAKE SURE ANY CAMERAS TAKE PICTURES OF THE BABY - NOTHING ELSE....

you pregnant women can get QUITE uninhibited....

GOOMER IS A GIRL GOOMER AND THAT IS ALL THERE IS ...

wait.....

What do you want?

And don't do the healthy thing - I hate that - really - everyone secretly wants a BOY or GIRL.....so dish.

I wanted a puppy -