Pres. Bush signed Tax Rebate Bill

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
What that ends up meaning for us is that...Tonys goes towards paying his taxes because he is considered self employed and we cant file together anyway.

That is exactly what will happen for my H as well. Being self employed and a delinquent tax payer, any refunds go directly towards his outstanding balance...which is why we file separately now! I am not going to let my hard earned dollars go towards his delinquent tax bill (it was from before we were married!). Don't get me wrong, H is paying it off slowly, but the IRS will not cease the penalties and interest acrruements, so his balance doesn't really ever go down. At one point he looked into doing an "Offer of Compromise", which the IRS told him to do, but they didn't tell him that it would take years and he'd have to jump through hoops to do so.

You know what they say, "Nothing is free".

DDD

Come on family members.........get with the program!

There is a specific plan for this free money, in case you didn't know.
Of course it depends on how much you get which plan you should follow.
Do not waste it by paying bills. Geez!

If, for example, you get $300. You go chose a new car with zero down
and spend $100 for floor mats so the fast food doesn't stain the carpet.
Then you go shopping for a BIG screen TV. You've been suffering with
the tabletop for years and you deserve better. Probably it will take $150
down to get the right model delivered and installed on your wall.

Hmmmmmm....what to do with the $50?? Well, you could go to a Rent
To Buy Furniture store and get new furniture so you can invite your friends over to watch DVDs on your new TV. OR..what to hey..you could
just pig out at the nearest fast food joint as a reward for being a good shopper!

What stimuli that will be!!!!! DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You know, 3D? YOu have me thinking that I should use the extra money, post taxation, to go get a whole body massage and a reflexology session. Now THAT is worth every penny. yes - thanks for the great ideas. I don't even think I will tell H about the refund check if he asks. He'd want me to buy a new door or something for the house.

mistmouse

Sadly, for me all the rebates and refunds don't apply since we live off difficult children SSI. I never get anything back or can even file since I have no income of my own. At least when I was on public assistance I could apply for the low income rebates...

mistmouse

Sue C

Well, like I said, I don't work and won't get anything. husband is self-employed and might get $300?? I'm still not sure on that one. We plan on spending the money!

sue