Pretty Boy's replacement personally called me to introduce himself...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
If you recall, Pretty Boy left our district at the end of the year. His replacement has been hired, and I got home from our Cali trip to a voicemail from the new principal, letting me know he was going to be in the office thru the end of July and inviting us in to meet him.

I want to go meet him, try to get off on the right foot, but I'm afraid, since he personally called me, that Pretty Boy left him more than a few "notes" about me/us. Cause I know he didn't personally call and ask to meet every parent in the district, nor even every parent of the SpEd classes.

And the fun begins!:whiteflag:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hummmm... Go into it with an open mind, hon. "Hope for the best, plan for the worst." I'm sure there were notes left, but maybe this guy wants to see for himself!

whatamess

Well, I'd be a little nervous too, but I think it's a good sign that this new person wants to try and start off on a good foot.

slsh

member since 1999
I have to tell you, it may be that Pretty Boy did leave notes and replacement thinks PB was out of line. I had one unbelievably horrendous year oldest's first year in HS, just ridiculous garbage, with the original sped dir from Hades. Oldest missed over a quarter of school because of no nurse, which he must have per IEP. It was totally insane and turned into a really ugly situation with some blatant retaliation against oldest. Fortunately, Witch retired after that year and was replaced by her total opposite thank goodness. New sped dir has bent over backwards for both of my boys (and let's face it, both are extremely high maintenance/big expenses for the SD). He's made comments over the years that have let me know that he is not only fully aware of Witch's atrocious and illegal behavior, but he's gone above and beyond for us - I think in part to make up for that first horrendous HS year.

I would definitely keep an open mind. It really may be that replacement read between the lines and wants to make sure that you guys really do get off on a better foot.

maril

I agree with StepTo2.

We have had our share of meetings over time with the assistant principal and guidance counselor of my son's home HS. Fortunately, the assistant principal had been helpful earlier in the summer and respectfully addressed my son's desire to return to his home school (difficult child wants to leave the alternative school he attends); she spent a lot of time with us and went over difficult children options. on the other hand, in a separate conversation, my son's guidance counselor basically laughed when we discussed difficult children goal to return to his home school; said it would be "academic malpractice," or something to that effect. :faint:

Anyway, you never know...you might have a positive meeting with the new guy! ;)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I would go and meet him, either way at least you know what you're in for!

But, hopefully he is decent and may be trying to change things and set a different tone on his watch.

Last edited:

JJJ

I would go with hope. We have had 1 awful sped director and 1 criminally awful teacher and the employee that followed each of them did bend over backwards to start on a good foot and work together.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hopefully it won't be another one like Pretty Boy. It sounds like he wants to be proactive which would be nice.

flutterby

Fly away!
Personally, I think this is a good sign. I hope I'm right. It sounds to me like he's wanting to get to know as much as he can about difficult child so he can start out on the right track in the fall.

KTMom91

I agree, this could be a good sign. At the very least, you'll get to meet the guy, and see what he's like. I would think positively and be charming. You can always Warrior him later if/when it's necessary.

M

ML

I agree this could be good. Just be open and honest and go in with hope. Hugs of support, ML

Christy

Proactive is good. Also it gives you a chance to state your thoughts and recommendations to help difficult child be successful this coming school year.