Prison Letter Update

exhausted

difficult child came home from friends tonight very angry at me. Seems she got a letter from her beloved inmate. He was angry as %^&^ because I had called the prison. He told difficult child she could be his friend and that was it. He called me a crazy a%%. Why do I ruin everything in her life? I told her everytime she does something self destructive ,and that I have power over, I will "ruin her life". She is a minor and I am a responsible mother. He is a jerk, a felon, and he knows she is a minor. If he is in trouble for these letters, a reformed guy (as she tried to tell me he was) would not call me names, would not lash out at her, but would own his stuff.

A little bit later she came and told me I was right. He was a jerk and it was over. I of course don't believe anything. She told me," The kind of guys you would like me to date don't want me mom." Her dad and I both told her she would have to get better to attract the right guy and we knew she was smart, social and a delight when she chose to be. We also told her that she was better than an inmate, not to mention an inmate without a diploma, who has 2 kids he has left high and dry.

Please pray for us!

Kathy813

Staff member
You did the right thing. I hope that puts an end to that relationship. At least she came to you and admitted that you were right. That is huge in GFGdom.

~Kathy

S

Signorina

prayers on the way - and {{hugs}} for you. It's hard being the bad guy all the time. I get so sad when I remember how difficult child's eyes used to light up when I would come into his room. Same with my pcs. Now, i am lucky if I get a look of bored indifference instead of utter disdain or contempt. I miss them LIKING me.

She WILL thank you some day. I just know it. And I am so glad she came around tonight.

And I will tell you 100x100 that you did the right thing.

Nancy

You did do the right thing, I would have done the same, and yes my difficult child would have been mad at me too and told me I ruin everything for her. For some reasonour difficult children don't think a good guy would be interested in them. Couple that with the fact that they like risky things and it's disaster.

I'm praying for you.

Nancy

A

AmericanGirl

Add me to the 'you did the right thing' pile. Sounds like you had a pretty good talk. One step forward? (hopeful look)

Praying continuing for everyone here.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Good for you!

I am so happy to hear that you have "ruined" the blossoming romance with a convicted felon. It's a wonderful gift to your daughter (even if she doesn't really realize it yet).

(((hugs)))

exhausted

Thank you everyone. I hope I have ruined it. She loves the edgy. This guy thinks he loves her so I hope he doesn't come looking when he is out in 10 months. She'll be 18 and then what? I hope she means what she said last night. Don't have one reason to trust anything. Yes I am so tired of being the bad guy in her eyes.