Probable exposure to Coronavirus

BusynMember1

Well, that's me and my husband last Thursday, but we found out tonight.

Amy has a very close friend that we also love who has been in another city for a long time. She visited us with Amy Thursday and hub and I both hugged her. Not long hugs. We were so surprised to see her that we forgot about social distancing for the moment. She did not stay long nor did we sit close at all, but we hugged. Both of us for maybe ten seconds before the girls yelled at us to move away.

The friend has to still work. Her field of work is much needed. She comes into contact with people there, of course We found out just tonight that she has symptoms of Coronavirus, including not being able to breathe comfortably. She has no fever and was able to work in her yard although she told Amy she felt unwell. It's nice to be young,.

She was told to stay home and she is not sure if she is going to be tested or not. It is up to her doctor and she is in good general health and not in danger. So we may not ever find out if we were exposed.

Amy is quarantining at her house to be safe. The kids are all with their father who is also young and not afraid of Coronavirus. He even took Jaden. He is a good guy.

My husband and I and Rick are here. Rick was also exposed plus he wants to be here in case we get sick. I never felt so old. Everyone is acting as if "well, if we get it, no big deal. But if YOU get it, well, you're at risk by age."

I am pretty healthy. My husband is diabetic. Both of us are acting cheerful. I am very worried about my husband.

We have no symptoms. Yet.

Tomorrow I will try to call our doctor, but don't know if anything will be done. There isn't much they CAN do. We are both in our 60s. There is no treatment. Fortunately the death rate is low.

We decided to severely limit how much we watch about the coronavirus and only listen to the doctors on TV, not the politicians.

Be well and God bless you all!

AppleCori

Hi Busy,

You are the second one of us to have exposure to the virus (that we know about).

Because of the change to the format of this site, it’s much harder to see when new posts are made, so I bet no one has seen your post.

Have you been able to be tested?

I will be thinking about you and Over! Let us know how you are doing!

BusynMember1

I have no symptoms. This is the girl. She has no cough but is short of breath. They will not test anyone who is not really in distress unless you are a politician, pro athlete, or movie star. I am dead serious. That is what I was told more than once by local hospital professionals in my town. The advice? If you have flu symptoms, say in. Call 911 if you can't breathe. Don't leave your house.

And right now I am hearing that Mr. Trump is thinking of letting the people stop social isolating and opening crowded businesses to stimulate the economy...over keeping us safe. This, after the fifteen days.

I am hard to scare. I am terrified. I have no words. The CDC is warning us....but.....

Scary times. I would keep isolating until the CDC said it was safe and it could get much worse if most are out and about again. This is not political, folks. I am Independent and voted for both Bushes and Reagan twice.

But this is scary stuff if you are over 60 or have a medical condition or even are pregnant.

God bless you all. Stay safe.

WiseChoices

Hi Busy,
It is good to be cautious and quarantine yourself right now for 14 days just to ensure you are not a carrier and won't be infecting others.

I know you are scared and anxious. However, we do know that fear and worry won't help anything and that it can affect your immune system negatively. We also know that not everyone who gets exposed gets ill. And only 5% of those who get ill become severely ill. The odds are in your favor. I would try to keep my spirits up, get rest, eat well, maybe start a regiment of high doses of Vitamin C (they were giving patients intravenous Vit C in NY) and zinc, and do whatever else you do normally when trying to boost your immunity during flu season. I very much like a homeopathic remedy called Oscillococcinum. Walmart carries it. I take it at the first sign of a flu or even if my family starts to feel sick as a profilactic. It seems to help me. I know Covid-19 is not the same as flu but I think doing those things would make me feel like I am doing something to support my immune system rather than sitting around worrying.

Take one day at a time and try to get your mind off the subject. If you do get symptoms, you can deal with it then.

I am praying for you and your family to stay well. Much love!

AppleCori

Glad to hear that you all are doing well!

One week is just about gone already. What a relief!

How is the friend doing?

If possible, keep us informed on how you are doing.

Apple

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
My coworker used to clean houses before she worked at my company. She still cleans homes for an older couple that are divorced. She goes to his and then hers on alternating Saturdays since she still needs extra money as her and her husband got into a lot of debt in between jobs.

So the man she cleans for who is 72 is now in the ICU in Fairhope, AL with coronavirus. It is the only case in Fairhope. It is on the news every night.

She never quarantined but has not been near him for 3 weeks prior to this so I guess she is okay.

I do remember her not feeling well and coughing. She is 47. I am 58 and we are together every day but now I'm working from home. She and I eat lunch together and take walks daily so if she had it I'd definitely be exposed.

I think we're all okay but too close for comfort!!

newstart

I hope none of you get the corona virus. Last November my daughter and I went out of the country on a cruise. When we got home we both were horribly sick. She had to go to the emergency room twice, I just stayed in bed and drank a lot of water. I had other things with the flu, shingles and sinus infection. I did not get tested. I had all the symptoms of the corona. I read that one of the things that happens is you lose your sense of taste and smell. Mine was gone for 8 weeks.. I was wore out completely for another 6 weeks. I am a healthy 62 year old. I have no underlying health problems and I eat healthy foods. This was the most wicked virus I have ever had. No way to confirm that is was the corona but my husband swears I had it, my daughter swears we picked it up on our cruise. My daughter's boyfriend's mother died from a virus last December.. This has been around for a while. My husband did not get it. I read something about people with o positive blood do not suffer much from it.

Chasejazz

“No story is a straight line... ".
I have no symptoms. This is the girl. She has no cough but is short of breath. They will not test anyone who is not really in distress unless you are a politician, pro athlete, or movie star. I am dead serious. That is what I was told more than once by local hospital professionals in my town. The advice? If you have flu symptoms, say in. Call 911 if you can't breathe. Don't leave your house.

And right now I am hearing that Mr. Trump is thinking of letting the people stop social isolating and opening crowded businesses to stimulate the economy...over keeping us safe. This, after the fifteen days.

I am hard to scare. I am terrified. I have no words. The CDC is warning us....but.....

Scary times. I would keep isolating until the CDC said it was safe and it could get much worse if most are out and about again. This is not political, folks. I am Independent and voted for both Bushes and Reagan twice.

But this is scary stuff if you are over 60 or have a medical condition or even are pregnant.

God bless you all. Stay safe.
It's not political. We want the best outcome in what might be very grim circumstances. Please don't wait until a situation is critical to seek help. We are, all of us, in uncharted territory. And just like we are able to vocalize our feelings regarding our family situations, here in a safe place, it serves to remember that those issues, along with many others can cause stress on our immune systems.
That being said, consider the acquaintances (if not friendships) that have been made is this room!!!
Outstanding!
On that note, I heard from my son. OB is, I think, still living in his car but is well enough...as in, he's not exhibiting signs of covid19. I am grateful for that. Just for today. Tomorrow is tomorrow.

A lot of us our in a similar age group. We are Boomers. We're afraid of this virus. We, and even our parents have never seen anything like this.

We reached out, on this semiprivate forum, because we had a common issue. We sought advice and sometimes just a listening ear.
Well now, we all have at least two things in common. We all have loved ones in distress AND we are living through a viral pandemic.
I hope this remains a space where we can talk about our kids, our lives and our loved ones -- as well as our fears and worries, our hopes and prayers.
If ever there was a time when it was so desperately needed, that time is now.
If ever there were need for safe harbor in a storm, may this remain one.

I have missed you all, haven't been around for a bit. I am well...as well as could be and I wish the same for all of you and those you hold dear. Peace.

"Except for memory, time would have no meaning at all..."
- Pat Conroy, Beach Music

Nomad

Staff member
News start...I had a terrible virus with fever and cough after a domestic flight. Do you think you will get an antibody test diwn the road?

busy...I hope you don’t have it!!! And won’t get it. Good thoughts.

RN....Yikes! Kinda close!

louise2350

Chase: Nice to hear from you. Yes, these are scary, hard times. I heard the safe distance or quarantine is going on until the end of April. Hope you and everyone here continues feeling and doing well. I was signed up at Walmart for food delivery but they are so backed up it's hard to find a time for them to deliver, so I've been out to the supermarket doing my own shopping. I wait til I have nothing before I go. My oldest daughter, R, who lives out of state, has offered to come and buy my food for me, but it's such a long drive and she has young children so I thanked her but said I'd manage. I had appreciated her kindness though. I hope that they will soon discover a vaccination for this virus. I pray for this to end everyday.

Chasejazz

“No story is a straight line... ".
Louise,
Great to here from you also, friend.
I guess we're all just doing the best we can.
I reminds me of that movie "Groundhog's Day". I go to sleep out of mental exhaustion, only to wake up and realize this isn't a dream.
It's survival mode, I guess.
I try not to ruminate. I avoid the news, and the 'numbers' as best I can.
I was glad to hear from my boy. All my kids are jobless I heard, but we're not in contact so I don't know. These are tough times.
Be safe. We probably have a long road ahead. Let's keep in touch.
Good night. Hugs.

BusynMember1

Hi all. Been busy, if that makes sense. Trying to do work from home with husband and Rick.

The girl we thought may have Coronavirus does NOT have it and we all are well.

Thanks for thinking of us. Bless you all.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I'm working from home again this week. I think it now may be the entire month April after Trump extended the social distancing deadline.

All non essential businesses closed here in Alabama on Saturday. I was feeling better before that happened.The only thing was our pool and beaches were closed and we had take out only in restaurants.

I am thankful we live in a warm area that is beautiful. Husband and I take very long walks daily. We are doing a lot of gardening and staying busy and mentally healthy. We both are getting full pay and since we work in the manufacturing industry which is essential so we should be fine.

Son is doing full time school from home. He still works at Dunkin Donuts drive through only which pays his truck payment at least and they are flexible with his school.

The man that was in ICU passed a few nights ago from coronavirus. My friend is very upset as she has known him for many years and he was a good soul. I found out he had beaten lung cancer twice but this virus took him out.

I think we all have to be thankful for what we DO HAVE and not think about what we don't have right now. The world will never be the same but maybe that's a good thing?

Love to all.

louise2350

Louise,
Great to here from you also, friend.
I guess we're all just doing the best we can.
I reminds me of that movie "Groundhog's Day". I go to sleep out of mental exhaustion, only to wake up and realize this isn't a dream.
It's survival mode, I guess.
I try not to ruminate. I avoid the news, and the 'numbers' as best I can.
I was glad to hear from my boy. All my kids are jobless I heard, but we're not in contact so I don't know. These are tough times.
Be safe. We probably have a long road ahead. Let's keep in touch.
Good night. Hugs.[/QUOTE