Product ingredient Awareness Item

susiestar

Roll With It
As we head into cold and flu season please be aware of the ingredients in items you choose to medicate your loved ones.

I was surprised a couple of years ago at complaints from my husband and kids about several different strip products.

They said they tasted bad, or like nail polish remover.

Imagine the HORROR when the brands I had purchased listed ACETONE in the ingredients.

these were made for CHILDREN. husband was medicated because I ran out of the other stuff. I bought strips because it would be easier to get into the kids.

I did look at the strips last time I bought cold medications (about 2 months ago) and still saw ACETONE as an inactive ingredient.

The company(s) have never responded to my inquiries about this.

I wanted you to all be aware with cold and flu season around the corner.

I know you all will not write me off as that crazy chick. (well, you KNOW I am that crazy chick, but you will still check it out for yourself!!)

Happy sneezy season!!

Susie

Lothlorien

That's nasty! I don't give them to my kids anymore, especially because of the food coloring, but I used to. The kids like it when I used them.

ShakespeareMamaX

Ahhh! Thank you for the enlightenment! I'm a bit anti-cold medications (which is probably a good thing, now). Ick...acetone can't be good.

I think the "strips" she speaks of are those dissolving tongue strips. You can also get ones from Listerine and other breath freshener brands.

The cold strips are fairly new, I believe.

Personally, I think they're creepy and they always get stuck to the roof of my mouth.

susiestar

Roll With It
I was referring to the dissolving tongue strips. I don't know if the brands I used got changed, I could NOT get a response from the company. I found it in Triaminic first. I did not ever see it in the breath strips, only the medicine for kids strips.

And even the caffeine strips that are popular on the campus at the University are not acetone based. You really have to read the labels.

Susie