Proud Mom.. difficult child brag

Good morning everyone,

Every year around this time, things get very hairy in our household. :hammer: There is all the hype and build up/excitement of Christmas but then difficult child has his birthday on the 19th as well. Usually by the time we hit the school Christmas concert(normally held around the 10th-15th of Dec.), difficult child has at least one major meltdown. This year, he has not had ONE meltdown. We even made it through his birthday without any issues! He has held it together remarkably well and I have praised him to the high heavens for it. I am so very proud of how he is maturing! :bravo: It is like someone came along and waved a magic wand over this child... and poof! ... he was changed. I'm sure that a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm home this year. That's ok.... I'll take it. It is such a breath of fresh air and makes life so peaceful. He is acting more like a easy child than a difficult child! :smile: Last night when he blew out his candles, he missed one. I lightly teased that he has a g/f and he blushed. My wonderful young man has his first crush! (and he felt comfortable enough to share it with his mom) :dance: I feel so blessed this morning! I just hope that he can really pull it off for the rest of Christmas! WOW! I am amazed and stunned. I just want to take him and hug him and hold him close so he never has another meltdown. Ok, so that might be a little unrealistic... but we can always hope for the best. Anyways, I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful Christmas with all their loved ones.

Kathy

K

Kjs

happy birthday to difficult child. Glas everything went good for you all.
December bdays...they are rough!

mum2JK&TH

What wonderful news! Glad to hear he's holding it together. We have a Dec. birthday here too (luckily easy child's and not difficult child's) and I agree it gets very hectic and makes for easy meltdowns.

Woohoo for difficult child!!!! Happy belated birthday to him too!

This is soooo what I needed to read today!

Today is my difficult child's 9th birthday! This time of year is totally crazy for us.. and we actually had a family meltdown last night.. lol. The whole Christmas hype is enough on the kids.. but for us we have all 3 kids birthdays within a week of Christmas! We all are feeling the strain here!

Congrats, and thanks for letting me know that there just might be a light at the end of this long tunnel I'm heading down!