Proud of my difficult child.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
In my family of obscure holidays, today is no exception. Its one of the kids favorites. We've made and delivered May Baskets for several years.
This year, we did not make plans to do it because I was supposed to be out of town for work. With the turn of events and me being home, easy child 1's girlfriend and I took off last night to Walmart to buy cut flowers, and about 7:30 sat down to create May baskets. difficult child 2 set up his little table and he and girlfriend created pretty daisy arrangements in little baskets I'd bought at thrift stores and garage sales.
This morning, wee difficult child set about to delivering his little creations anonymously. His favorite part is driving back by houses later to see if the recipient's basket is missing - meaning they've found it - and speculating what their reaction was. Some of the people we give them to we know; others are complete strangers.
For all of wee difficult child's issues, he is a creative, loving, giving little soul and this day always makes me proud of him. He works so hard to make the baskets pretty, chattering as he creates them, anticipating what the recipient will say or do when he/she sees it, and knowing the only return is the satisfaction of knowing he brightened someone's day. Only I can't share it with folks I know, or I'll give away our secret (which difficult child is very good at keeping!)
Thanks for letting me brag on one of difficult child's very good points.

trinityroyal

What a darling!
Give him a hug and a snuggle from Auntie Trinity. And let him know that he's made my day, by being so willing to make the day of others.

Awwwww.

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What a truly wonderful tradition that is for you to maintain! There are so few opportunities people take for random acts of kindness like that -- you are teaching your kids that this is something of value and importance to do in life, and the worth of that is beyond measure. :bravo: