psychiatrist actually called back for our weekly meeting!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well psychiatrist3 (our new one from the psychiatric hospital) has set up weekly report calls. So I called, he was busy. Well he actually called me back!!!
We discussed how K is doing, medication wise and emotionally. I told him I think she is doing great! She has slid a bit, but nothing like before. We have had a few episodes, a bit of violence.
The roller coaster was at about an 8-9 prior to psychiatric hospital, now I would say it is about a 5. Not perfect but not the worst.
We are increasing Lamictal ,Strattera & Prazosin.
The tough love approach is working really well for K, she strict boundaries with a soft touch. She really needs to know what we are and are not putting up with. The rewards and charts just do not work with her. It is kind of a pain when I am not in the mood to deal with it or just really want to give in, but I am seeing progress, so I know I have to stick to it. And she seems happier!
Less anxiety also!
It is so nice to have a psychiatrist who listens and calls you back and is actually in the picture!!!

We are crossing our fingers that we may not have to move!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Totoro,
Glad to hear psychiatrist is following up! It's great to hear you are seeing improvements!

Janna

I'm glad he called you back. It's nice to have a doctor that cares, isn't it? You deserve it, that's for sure.

Whew.